Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Missing Map connection problem

  1. Default Missing Map connection problem

    For some reason when I try and join any server with a new map as soon as it gets to downloading it, it says missing map and auto disconnects me and I do have it set to download all custom content from a server.

    So any idea how to fix this?
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 08-12-2010 at 08:44 PM.

  2. Default

    Nevermind I fixed it what was happening is somehow valve rigged it up so that it dl's the MAP and only the map throught internet explorer and when I updated firefox it disabled its internet capability. after fixing it, it started dling the maps just fine.

    so if your having trouble downloading maps its internet explorer related and has nothing to do with steam.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 08-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Nevermind I fixed it what was happening. somehow valve rigged it up so that it dl's the MAP and only the map throught internet explorer and when I updated firefox it disabled its internet capability. after fixing it, it started dling the maps just fine.

    so if your having trouble downloading maps its internet explorer related and has nothing to do with steam.
    what do you mean it uses IE?
    i thought it was a straight file copy/transfer from the server.

    is there anyway to fix this easily, say change it from IE to chrome or firefox?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  4. Default

    It does use IE for downloading maps, thats what all the topics about this on the steam forums said and sure enough it looks like it does along with a few other things

    like the vids on jaylenosgarage which finally started working for me after I fixed IE along with the new vids on the d2 brigade site
    and I dont think there is, I guess its hardwired to only work with Internet Explorer unless your on a mac I guess.

  5. Default

    Yes, steam uses IE for everything. If you remove it from your computer your fucked.



  6. #6

    Default

    I thought they stoped using IE when they updated for Macs o.O.

    I cant watch youtube while playing CSs anymore, and alt-tabing in CSS always glitches shit up


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I thought they stoped using IE when they updated for Macs o.O.

    I cant watch youtube while playing CSs anymore, and alt-tabing in CSS always glitches shit up
    play in a window. if you set it to be the same resolution as your screen, then it'll look like it's full-screen but shift-tab will free up the mouse to minimize or select a different window from the task bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    I thought they stoped using IE when they updated for Macs o.O.

    I cant watch youtube while playing CSs anymore, and alt-tabing in CSS always glitches shit up
    i can!!! it just randomly stops working at times, as well as my whole steam overlay/web browser. but i regularly play youtube music while zombie modding. not to show off or anything :P
    i can also use multilple background programs while playing css, such as ie, google chrome, wmp, and even bit torrent, without causing any major ping/latency issues. although limewire always fucks it up. good thing i dont use it anymore!!!

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i can!!! it just randomly stops working at times, as well as my whole steam overlay/web browser. but i regularly play youtube music while zombie modding. not to show off or anything :P
    i can also use multilple background programs while playing css, such as ie, google chrome, wmp, and even bit torrent, without causing any major ping/latency issues. although limewire always fucks it up. good thing i dont use it anymore!!!
    same. i normally have chrome, 2 google chat windows up, and windows media player/VLC player for tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  10. #10

    Default

    this thread doesnt solve anything kavinsky. wtf did u redirect here 4? i have ie and google chrome and still cant dl some maps...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •