Thread: fps_doug

1. Default fps_doug

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:1602843
    sb_status: didn't get one
    Server: GG
    Time: ~1:00-2:00 AM EST
    Length of ban: 2 months

Reason: Scripting. He set it up so the very moment he died, he would disconnect and reconnect. He was also ignoring admins and camping in the churches.

damn, fps doug used to play here alot, and he was really good, oh well

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    damn, fps doug used to play here alot, and he was really good, oh well
    Wrong one hall.

4. Default

This is a bit ambiguous Blade for a couple of reasons...

1st the 2 month ban vs a perma which really has no rule of ref: 2month bans as it's way longer than any related punishment and way shorter than perma to which the closest rule is:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495

III. Perma bans

This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.
    1) Violation of the following can result in perma ban without a demo. As long as there is substantial witnesses and physical log evidence
    I.1
    I.3
    II.1
    V.2.B.c
    IX.3

2) Violation of the following when proved by demo
    I
    II
    III.5 -Must have received an approved temp ban first
    V.2.A
    V.2.B.c
    2nd - So, this is a difficult situation for us to make a determination or form an opinion because there is NO demo.

What were the details, I see none explained. Were there any other admins or IBIS members in the server?

Is there a demo available by anyone for verification and just cause for the ban? (not saying it was or wasn’t a proper or righteous ban on your part but by the same token the rights of the player(s) also have to be protected for the PR of IBIS credibility)

Can you provide the required details for the above or by the way the rules are written the ban should be lifted.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    Wrong one hall.
    you are correct sir

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    This is a bit ambiguous Blade for a couple of reasons...

1st the 2 month ban vs a perma which really has no rule of ref: 2month bans as it's way longer than any related punishment and way shorter than perma to which the closest rule is:

What were the details, I see none explained. Were there any other admins or IBIS members in the server?

Is there a demo available by anyone for verification and just cause for the ban? (not saying it was or wasn’t a proper or righteous ban on your part but by the same token the rights of the player(s) also have to be protected for the PR of IBIS credibility)

Can you provide the required details for the above or by the way the rules are written the ban should be lifted.
    Fair enough. The other admins that were on at the time were brian and mikey. The map was the better churches map. I don't have logs or a demo however if you check the psycho stats, last night was the first time I had played against fps_doug. His current k:d was marked as 11-0 but I had killed him 2 times. He was not disconnected for high ping. As you can see from his stats, he connected 20 times and played 20 games and 54 rounds. That means every three rounds he disconnected. He has only been playing for about 30 minutes total which means he also connected every minute. His ip indicates he is from nebraska which means his ping could be around 50-60 which is not high enough to kick.

I suppose I could write more but that would result in a person commenting tl;dr. Is this enough to prove that he was 'cheating'?

7. Default

I was also there and he was warned more times than anybody should be warned..

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    Fair enough. The other admins that were on at the time were brian and mikey. The map was the better churches map. I don't have logs or a demo however if you check the psycho stats, last night was the first time I had played against fps_doug. His current k:d was marked as 11-0 but I had killed him 2 times. He was not disconnected for high ping. As you can see from his stats, he connected 20 times and played 20 games and 54 rounds. That means every three rounds he disconnected. He has only been playing for about 30 minutes total which means he also connected every minute. His ip indicates he is from nebraska which means his ping could be around 50-60 which is not high enough to kick.

I suppose I could write more but that would result in a person commenting tl;dr. Is this enough to prove that he was 'cheating'?
    Works for me Blade but a 2 month ban is more like a perma than not so a demo should be attached unless the other admins and/or substantial witnesses post here to attest to the charges, and a log.
    Also, so far I don't see Doug coming here to protest so maybe that would also swing the ban to stick.

My guess is to let ZERO look at the Source TV if no demo is available and let him make the call.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>