Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improved responce time!

1. Arrow Improved responce time!

I have made it so that I am able to restart all of the servers from my phone. This way if they freeze or something goes wrong I can turn them on and off at any time from any place. This will massively improve response time when dealing with a server freeze especially as school starts.

I am working on a way to be automatically notified if a server freezes as they can only be restated manually if this happens. This way the longest possible response time would be an hour or so assuming it happened during a class or test.

This is compared to it taking over 8 hours without this updated system.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    i have made it so that i am able to restart all of the servers from my phone. This way if they freeze or something goes wrong i can turn them on and off at any time from any place. This will massively improve response time when dealing with a server freeze especially as school starts.

I am working on a way to be automatically notified if a server freezes as they can only be restated manually if this happens. This way the longest possible response time would be an hour or so assuming it happened during a class or test.

yay! =d

3. Default

lol... Nice
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper

4. Default

looks like it'd be a good idea to employ this new technology now.

all 3 seem to be down
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I woke up and saw they were down, then I pressed the button and they are back up!

This saved like 10min of down time.

6. Default

Awesome Zero. Thanks.

Way to take advantage of technology.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have made it so that I am able to restart all of the servers from my phone. This way if they freeze or something goes wrong I can turn them on and off at any time from any place. This will massively improve response time when dealing with a server freeze especially as school starts.

I'm assuming that u have a Bberry and can get email forwarded to it so the server can send you a warning email + you can react from it?

Nice

One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

8. Default

I am using android. Also no the server can not do anything when it is frozen. Ideally I need to program an android app that pings the servers every few min and then sounds an alarm if they are down. This way I do not mistake it for a regular message.

The only other way is to have a program run as a cron job on this server that sends me an e-mail if the server is down.

9. Default

very nice.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

sweet