Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: When did my internet get this fast...

1. Default

fucking pro connection right here

2. Default

Think thats low? This is mine at my other house with my shit computer and internet.

-MBP

3. Default

Pretty good I guess. I wouldn't expect much more from comcast. It was lightly raining here in Atlanta last night and I lost internet for at least 5 hours. Sweet huh?

Anyways, I suspect my area is probably 20 years out from even half the homes around here having fiber run directly to the house. Not much we can really do about it either.

The monopolies have no incentive to run expensive fiber lines. They can still jack the price up on my cable bill every month and trot out tired ass lines like "20 billion times faster than DSL" and "best quality HD content available on demand for over 300000000 channels" while they compress some channels into the double digits and still for the most part keep the garbage equipment they hope lasts them another 30 years before another upgrade comes. They're a bunch of liars and get shit tons of government contracts which they cut corners on and still fuck the customer in the ass on prices. I wish all of them would go out of business, but we can't have everything.

Lots of money and smart lobbyists will always result in lucrative government contracts and state sanctioned monopolies where they get to make their own rules about what they do, regardless of how badly it fucks people or the telecom industry. I'd kill myself if I worked for comcast, and I hope they log every bit of this. No pun intended.

4. Default

i guess my post was deleted??? ohh well, anyways, comcast is going to be blocking P2P alot, infact it seems alot of the ISP's are going to go that way, and the power boost with comcast, isnt that basically comcast zipping the files coming in and then unzipping them right before use???? or am i thinking wrong????

5. Default

Its just increaded conenction speed for an aloted time or file size. And comcast is already blocking among with many others. There are ways around it, but thats nothing to be spoken about here.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Its just increaded conenction speed for an aloted time or file size. And comcast is already blocking among with many others. There are ways around it, but thats nothing to be spoken about here.
    They've already entered an agreement with bitorrent stating that they would stop p2p throttling and using other means to deter file sharing, for now.

7. Default

It actually most likey wont be stopped until their Protocal Agnostic Bandwidth Monitoring is in place everywere. Been tested in many states after they said that and they are still injecting packets with reset tags. There currently testing the PABM in a few states to adjust what they want to do with it. Fair is Fair I guess, still a high cap there and some people download/upload way way more bandwidth than there payment could ever cover. Sucks for everyone else but they shouldn't be effected at all if they dont partake in the activities. I use the word shouldn't because there porbably would be unninted complications for the peole who dont deserve the monitoring. IDK, time will tell.

8. Default

I heard that comcast would be lowering bandwith for people that downloaded over 300 gigs per month... but i dont think thats true anymore.
    -MBP

9. Default

Yea, it is. There testing the caps ans stuff in a few states. Yerp, its estimated at 250 gigs now with overage charges. Dont know about the throttling part yet. Knowing comcast they probably wont just so they can hit you with more overage charges lol. DSL reports has alot of info on the whole thing.

10. Default

I download maybe, maybe 10 gigs a month. If your downloading 250 gig than you deserve to be caught.
    -MBP