Thread: Random CSS update with no description...

1. Default Random CSS update with no description...

Okay,another CSS update (I can't tell who's stupider:Valve for hiring Hidden Path to work on the game for them,or Hidden Path for pulling off some of the worst updates I've ever seen to a game),a 27 MB one at that,just popped up with no description or details.
    And attempting to join any server results in a "Server has not been updated to the most recent version.",so guess what ZERO:You have the update all the servers....yet again.

Seriously,I have never seen developers release a patch or update for a PC game without saying what it does,Hidden Path is beyond incompetent....
    "Plus,I destroyed a world once.But it was a faraway world,so it doesn't matter to you people over here." -Jaqcli from Ar Tonelico 2.

yes at 5:50pm PST all the IBIS servers went offline.

3. Default

It was for all OB games so this is actually Valve this time. So far people are reporting that no mods work on any servers...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    It was for all OB games so this is actually Valve this time. So far people are reporting that no mods work on any servers...
    only gMo and TF2 ha changelogs.

gMod fixed like, one exploit, and TF2 had the big halloween event (SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!)

still nothing about css though...hmmm

edit: here you go. from changelog of TF2
    Engine (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2M)
    Removed the rate limit for the "status" command when entered into the server console
    Fixed an exploit that allowed people to send fake server messages to clients
    Significantly improved engine vertex compression (large reduction in per-model memory usage)
    Last edited by acolyte_to_jippity; 10-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

They did it just to break the servers. Pub and wcs are not dling the update... trying again. So far all the mods appear to work.

6. Default

Bump because there was an update.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

7. Default

Oh and even a change log this time, but why not just roll these into one update so that it only takes out the servers once!?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Oh and even a change log this time, but why not just roll these into one update so that it only takes out the servers once!?
    Because Valve is full of assholes.