Thread: DJ MikeyRevile .:ibis.a:.

1. Default DJ MikeyRevile .:ibis.a:.

Dear IBIS Clan,
    I chose to join your server (GunGame MOD+ 100tick| IBIS | FAST DL| PsychoStats; 208.43.70.233:27015) on 8/20/10 around 4:30 AM - 5:30 AM; due to not many people being on and wanting to try a new server. The player/admin DJ MikeyRevile .:ibis.a:. stated that he took a demo that had conclusive evidence that I was "Wall Hacking". I wanted to inform any other admin or higher ranked officer of the incident and ask them to check the demo out. I do not hack nor have I ever hacked. I have been banned on my account from one server prier over a year or two ago. The server was a Burger Unit server under the pretext of "Aimbotting" and I did not care to inform any admin or ranked officer of the incident because of the lack of care of a random server. I believe that honesty is the best way to make a point and I would loose respect for myself if I stated that I have never been banned. The only reason I bring this up is because of the shier confidence in DJ MikeyRevile .:ibis.a:. telling me that I was "Wall Hacking" and the fact that we were playing on cs_complex, my favorite Golden Eye/Perfect Dark map, I did not know that there was such a map in Counter Strike Source. Both games were the reason I chose to play First Person Shooters. Whether or not I am allowed to play on your server again is irrelevant, though would be nice; I must request for the sake of other players that before giving someone the ability to ban someone for "Hacking", they should be able to tell the difference from a moderately skilled player and a Hacker.
    Thank you,
    ]CI[ Hydra *BUD*

2. Default

I have a 5-point response:

1. Use paragraphs, seriously, I got a headache trying to read that.

2. You don't have to write in the form of a letter, this is just a forum.

3. We don't need your life story, we greatly prefer relevant information, which you so kindly provided in sentences 1-4, and the last sentence.

4. After reviewing the demo, I don't think you're hacking, but I don't have any kind of seniority. Have some patience, a clan member will most likely get you sorted out soon enough.

5. As for any admin being able to ban for "hacking", I don't foresee that going away, but there are plans in the works for a better admin hierarchy that will hopefully help prevent or mitigate wrongful ban incidents.

There is also a line between an admin doing his job like mikey did, and being a dumbass and abusing

This is not abuse.

Sir there are people who play this game with intelligence, and then others who are well...derps.

And you my good Sir, Are a derp

at least you didnt bitch about that "proper format" bullshit. i dont really see annything wrong with what hydra did. if i got banned for hacking when i obviously dont (only on tuesdays ) i would be pretty pissed off and not be thinking "what would THEY want me to say" i would say what i felt. also proper format is a little to much to expect from a person who's new to internet forums, or is preoccupied. as for the ban(s), admins STILL need to know what to look for in a hacker. i jokingly call people hackers all the time, but i know when a person is actually hacking, and when they're just a skilled player. these "bad" bans must be very frustrating to a legit player, and will potentially make them not want to submit an unban request. who would want to play on a server populated by "nub" admins who ban people on a whim? it's starting to get very depressing seeing the number of players who have been regulars here leave because admins are being dicks.

5. Default

quit posting useless treads.

6. Default

I'm going to go ahead and tell you guys you're all being way too disrespectful.

The demo needs to be reviewed before anyone can make a decision.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

Agreed. Opps nm, found it.

Ban Thread w/ demo
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4686

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and tell you guys you're all being way too disrespectful.

The demo needs to be reviewed before anyone can make a decision.
    this is the second tread i have gone over that is stupid the people are bitching to hear there head rattle.

9. Default

Lmfao mikey = fail. he clearly has no clue as 2 what he's looking for when it comes 2 hacks (which he very well proved when he went on hit rant about how wolf is a hacker) but back 2 the matter at hand. this is without a doubt 1 of the WORST demo's ive ever seen. normally when we have a hacking dispute, throughout the demo there's a couple spots where you're like "hmm that was kinda off, or fishy" but this demo... Lol... not 1 single thing was off. it couldn't be any more obvious this guy doesn't hack, and I have no clue how any 1 could possibly think he does. a couple times in the demo's when he was running around looking for people, I noticed on the side of the screen, enemy's that he didn't even notice and bother 2 go after lol..... wallhacks my ass. this is a fail ban and needs 2 be turned over right away.

yet another person being griefed over fail admin calls... but I honestly don't know how you could even remotely claim based on that demo that he hacks.

this ban and demo =

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

No admin abuse but player should be unbanned.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.