Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: STEAM_0:0:4648965 Fluffy Frufflebottoms walling aimbotting

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    Honestly I was surprised hobo did the banning. Checks and balances do need to become more of a thing. Im starting to think instead of doing perma bans it might be best to only have 3 to 5 day bans.......and that should give us enought time to get evidence to look over and decide....... and if we are all still undecided the ban is up and if really found guilty then we perma them.

I would thing of it like getting arrested and having to wait for court appearence. Just there is no bail... hmm or could there?
    ok, i agree with mag on this, i just wanna add smthn. sometimes, many admins are convinced that a person is a hacker, taking 2-3 admins to spec him for many games and yet still not be able to get a conclusive demo(either toggling asshole or has been warned by regs...).
    see we cant perma ban at this point, all we can do is submit a ban request and get other opinions...but meanwhile, the guy is rampaging like crazy and IF they were hacking , then it wouldnt have been fair for the players trying their best to play "fairly"...
    so sometimes when we are like 70+% sure a guy is hacking, am wondering if we can post like 1~7 days ban (based on how sure we are, demo included) until the ban request has been properly studied???
    At least now ppl (including admins) wont bitch about the guy being a really stealthy hacker. At least now, if the guy wasnt hacking he can show up on the forums and defend himself and request unban (which wasnt permanent nways) or wait it out...but IF proven guilty, the temp ban switches to perma...
    would that be a gd call to do in such cases where a person IS fishy to many admins but not conclusive demo was found? i mean...us admins sometimes cant play our fav games and maps just bcos we've been sitting in spec for 4 games monitoring a deceaving guy..
    Last edited by CYBER; 08-24-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Lol. I've already admit my fault here. It was a bad call because I've known Kavinsky for quite some time now so there is trust that was built between us. However he made a call and I just reacted to it. He provided a demo which I thought would be sufficient. As well, I was just about to head to bed at the time because I have work in the morning so I was hoping people would review it. It was just taking extra precautions incase he was hacking at the time.

I reviewed the demo and from that I can conclude with the majority that he did not hack at that time. If he hasn't been unbanned yet, please do so asap.

It was my first mistake, spasm. Please try not to go all spastic on me :S. I can understand if it frustrates you if it has been a frequent occurance during my absense in the forums but I do not mean any harm for the rest of the people. Understand that what I do is for the good of the server and the players. That was my intention then and will be during my time as admin.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences brought upon anyone affected by this, especially Fluffly. I have already mentioned this in the other topics lol...but ya, I am deeply sorry for this.
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

3. Default

I'd like to emphasize that I have no problem with you Hobo. You admitted fault without excuse, and I respect that greatly. Everyone makes mistakes. I am disturbed only by the fact that we have a clan member saying you were completely right to take that action.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    I'd like to emphasize that I have no problem with you Hobo. You admitted fault without excuse, and I respect that greatly. Everyone makes mistakes. I am disturbed only by the fact that we have a clan member saying you were completely right to take that action.
    If you are referring to James, well...he and I both do things for the good of the server, especially the players in the server. Our opinions are quite alike and he has much trust in me as much as I have trust in him and the decisions we make. I suppose he just made the same simple mistake I did, which is to fully entrust a friend.

Just note that James has been doing his absolute best to make things enjoyable for the rest of us. He is after all...one man.

So yes, if you are referring to this person, don't let this one instance ruin your gameplay or views on the server or the clan. If you aren't referring to him, please tell me who this clan member is.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Lol. I've already admit my fault here. It was a bad call because I've known Kavinsky for quite some time now so there is trust that was built between us. However he made a call and I just reacted to it. He provided a demo which I thought would be sufficient. As well, I was just about to head to bed at the time because I have work in the morning so I was hoping people would review it. It was just taking extra precautions incase he was hacking at the time.

I reviewed the demo and from that I can conclude with the majority that he did not hack at that time. If he hasn't been unbanned yet, please do so asap.

It was my first mistake, spasm. Please try not to go all spastic on me :S. I can understand if it frustrates you if it has been a frequent occurance during my absense in the forums but I do not mean any harm for the rest of the people. Understand that what I do is for the good of the server and the players. That was my intention then and will be during my time as admin.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences brought upon anyone affected by this, especially Fluffly. I have already mentioned this in the other topics lol...but ya, I am deeply sorry for this.
    Dude I have a lot of respect for you because you came on here and admitted you were wrong, my thread in the rules section really wasn't only targeted at you. There is several bans similiar to this where the demo provided proves nothing but legit players but they are permabanned (some still). I am really only persuing this because a clan member is acting like that this ban (and many others) is ok and should be done again in the future, which imo is wrong and bad for the community.

6. Default

Please tell me which clan member(s). So maybe I can say something on their behalf.