Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many wrongful bans on legit players.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    mag , u always have the wisest words:P (if i were a chick i'd be all over u!)
    but seriously, admins less than 3 months shouldnt have ban, just kick maybe?
    worst case, they can ALWAYS find admins on the server, even at night, whether the admins are hardcore addicted players staying till 5~6 am (like myself), or ppl that are abroad and that happen to be playing during their own daytime" like carina and (rob?) etc...
    Well for one case, I am just pointing out taz because I know he has not been playing cs for long. He played cs for like less then a month then got admin. Anyone that has been playing cs for less then a month should not be able to ban period. I would almost suggest some kind of points system and once you wrongfully banned too many you lose the right to ban. I dunno though, I feel like the solution should be fixed from the source, and that is reallly being able to detect hackers.

I also feel that you really need to be pretty good at cs and lots of experience just to be able to actually spot a hacker. I suggested the non perma ban hacker thing in a different thread and I got some negative responses from more senior admins (namely maynard). He pointed out that it hackers need to be banned perma, we just need to be able to spot them better. Which I do agree with him.

Just based on some of the wrongful bans I have seen, a lot of them have come from some guy in the game basically spamming saying this guy is hacking and gathering others to his cause. It seems that most admins here just give in and get some bad demo and ban them. i.e.(http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4636) Hallwagner can be guilty of this, and Kavinskys demo on Fluffy is basically the same thing. He is spamming the admin about fluffy hacking it's about ridiculus. I praise hmd brian for not banning fluffy, because he felt like he wasn't hacking, which was the right call.

Some regulars and admins have the mindset of well they can't be better then me, it has to be hacks. Or they get mad and want to perma ban them, so they take a demo of them and once they find something or anything suspcious they ban them. These bans are complete bullshit, and that is what happened to this guy. (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4713) He has now been banned for 3 months due to an admin banning him because basically he was getting owned.

I really think unless the hacks are really obvious, like screen jerking and shaking while headshot left and right, basically shooting through objects to own people, you know REAL obvious hacks. I think it should be put in ban requests. The community could then watch the demo and share opinions on whether it was hacks or not.

2. Default

The pub is full of wall hacks.

Cec1l walls 100% and it is obvious over time. Fluffy probably walls but it is only obvious in isolated incidences, not over time.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tickle me emo View Post
    even if it is determined that a player is hacking, if it's not obvious i really don't think the call should be made without demo review
    +1000000

like I said before, admins should stand by there decisions 100%. unless you're 100% the person hacks, don't ban him.

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    mag , u always have the wisest words:P

not true, he stole my wise words from 2 months ago lol. but as I originally said the TOS should be changed so new admins are on a probation period with limited admin privs, and far harsher punishments for those who buy admin and just fuck around right away.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist. View Post
    The pub is full of wall hacks.

Cec1l walls 100% and it is obvious over time. Fluffy probably walls but it is only obvious in isolated incidences, not over time.
    This notion that Counter-Strike: Source is teeming with cheaters is fairly preposterous and paranoid. There's not a player with translucent textures hiding behind every corner watching you through the walls, and nor is every headshot performed by an aimbot.

I have played this game for a very long time, been part of large communities and functioned as an administrator on many servers, and while Counter-Strike in its current state enjoys a proportion of illegitimate players negligible in comparison to almost any point in its history, some administrators on this server seem to find more cheaters than I ever did on any of the servers on which I held the same role.

To suggest that people are "probably" cheating merely because you cannot produce any evidence to substantiate your impetuous allegations is not only preposterous on its own merits, but it also reflects poorly on the entire community. Particularly when these loosely flung assertions lead to unwarranted exclusions and bad blood between people on either side of the issue.

A very simple solution to this problem exists. If you suspect another player of playing outside the rules, then record a demo, and post it for review. If you find yourself dissatisfied with the outcome of this review, then you can repeat the process until you either produce legitimate evidence, or until you're satisfied that your allegations were unwarranted. Most importantly, during the course of this process, you should keep the offhand accusations and the unnecessary confrontations to yourself. It makes for a much more pleasant experience for everyone involved.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    +1000000

like I said before, admins should stand by there decisions 100%. unless you're 100% the person hacks, don't ban him.

not true, he stole my wise words from 2 months ago lol. but as I originally said the TOS should be changed so new admins are on a probation period with limited admin privs, and far harsher punishments for those who buy admin and just fuck around right away.
    Did I maynard I'm sorry I know we talked about solutions before on steam chat. But you know great minds think alike. But we do need to start finalizing ideas. And i think we need a better game server rules. There's so many so call unofficial rules for each server.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    But you know great minds think alike.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    This notion that Counter-Strike: Source is teeming with cheaters is fairly preposterous and paranoid. There's not a player with translucent textures hiding behind every corner watching you through the walls, and nor is every headshot performed by an aimbot.

I have played this game for a very long time, been part of large communities and functioned as an administrator on many servers, and while Counter-Strike in its current state enjoys a proportion of illegitimate players negligible in comparison to almost any point in its history, some administrators on this server seem to find more cheaters than I ever did on any of the servers on which I held the same role.

To suggest that people are "probably" cheating merely because you cannot produce any evidence to substantiate your impetuous allegations is not only preposterous on its own merits, but it also reflects poorly on the entire community. Particularly when these loosely flung assertions lead to unwarranted exclusions and bad blood between people on either side of the issue.

A very simple solution to this problem exists. If you suspect another player of playing outside the rules, then record a demo, and post it for review. If you find yourself dissatisfied with the outcome of this review, then you can repeat the process until you either produce legitimate evidence, or until you're satisfied that your allegations were unwarranted. Most importantly, during the course of this process, you should keep the offhand accusations and the unnecessary confrontations to yourself. It makes for a much more pleasant experience for everyone involved.
    Are you a lawyer or something?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    Are you a lawyer or something?
    Don't be mad you can't articulate sentences like he can.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post

I'd buy that...um....something for a reasonable price.

10. Default

Good god you are a douche bag. I don't give a fuck about "bad blood", "accusations", or any of the rest of your stupid ass straw man post. I think fluffy probably walls, I think Cec1l definitely walls, and a couple of others. Admin's will address it because they know the difference between a good player and waller, or they won't. Whichever they decide, however, they will rationalize it with a bullshit demo that proves nothing because we're talking about walls.

End of Story.