Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Too many wrongful bans on legit players.

1. Default

Well I can kinda hint that this topic is about me...(my first admin abuse?). However, I will be straight up with you folks. It was a ban request that popped up suddenly (within 15 minutes of the post) that I decided to take extra precautions and just react to it. Simply enough, there is an unban section and I trust the members and the owner could review and act accordingly and promptly about it.

I have apologized before for it but I think this topic is a little excessive to post...I feel like its an angry mob with pitchforks ready to pounce whenever anything (and I mean ANYTHING) bad happens. Unless there have been many occurances beforehand that I am not aware of then I take back what I said about how this topic is a little excessive.

Anyways, guys, take care and keep owning, legitimately. :P
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Well I can kinda hint that this topic is about me...(my first admin abuse?). However, I will be straight up with you folks. It was a ban request that popped up suddenly (within 15 minutes of the post) that I decided to take extra precautions and just react to it. Simply enough, there is an unban section and I trust the members and the owner could review and act accordingly and promptly about it.

I have apologized before for it but I think this topic is a little excessive to post...I feel like its an angry mob with pitchforks ready to pounce whenever anything (and I mean ANYTHING) bad happens. Unless there have been many occurances beforehand that I am not aware of then I take back what I said about how this topic is a little excessive.

It's not just about you hobo, believe me. There have been a lot of admins lately being too trigger happy. You admitted your mistake and never have had issues before this that I know of, but a lot of admins continually ban players without sufficient evidence.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post

Yeah hobo this really has nothing to do with you. There been several issues of the many new admins acting out of hatred or spite, instead of being fair minded about using there ban powers. Used to not be a big deal a year ago but you know as well as I do the community has gotten bigger and bigger and it really needs new rules set in place.

4. Default

To Owns and Mag:

You both speak true words. I'll just step out of it now. Thanks. Glad you guys are still my buds.
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    I was wrong, ban all you want, don't watch demos, take a regulars word, it's better safer then sorry, send the good players away guys.
    I'll be as polite as I possibly can about this.. You need to take a chill pill. Nor Hobo or I intend to ban anyone without good reason. Kavinsky was a reliable source, someone who you could trust if he said there was a person breaking barricades or team killing. There are many people like this. I believe someone also mentioned that 4-5 people agreed with him on the server.. Let me find the post.

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    I was in the game where you went 26-1 and there were two admins on both of which I believe got a demo and supposedly were going to post it.......I think one of them was mikey, and I can't remember the other one....Either way I could care less what happens to you, I wasn't the only one who thought you were being shady....I don't know what kavinsky's demo looks like, but again enough people, including admins (after spec'ing and getting demos) saw fit to ban you, so that is enough for me.
    Was the demo provided? Let's see my next post..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    You guys spam too much.. That needs to stop.

Player should be unbanned.
    If it helps, I'll rephrase what I've said.

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. There are some people you can trust to keep an eye out for you.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky has a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about.

^ That is my intended message. Not the "BAN FUCKING EVERYONE CAUSE THEY"RE DOING BETTER THAN MEZ!" impression you may have gotten earlier.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

I'll be as polite as I possibly can about this.. You need to take a chill pill. Nor Hobo or I intend to ban anyone without good reason. Kavinsky was a reliable source, someone who you could trust if he said there was a person breaking barricades or team killing. There are many people like this. I believe someone also mentioned that 4-5 people agreed with him on the server.. Let me find the post.
    Ok first, four or five people did not agree with him, even the admin on at the team refused to ban fluffy. Second: Kavinsky is not a trust worthy person imo, he bitches about everything when he is in game, he gets on my nerves so bad if he wasn't a damn regular I would mute him. Third: Hobo banned him without good reason, what don't you understand about the fact he banned someone without viewing the demo, that is irresponsible. I said it earlier I will say it again because obviously you didn't read my post; you never have been good enough at CS to have idiots (and that includes ibis regulars) claiming you are hacking. Just because four or five regulars says something means absolutely nothing as to what the truth may be. There is a post somewhere where I complained about regulars spotting hacking, like 9 months ago, because they cannot spot jack shit, because guess what, they accused me of aimbot and walls, until they realised it was me. ( I was under the name QQ, and after I won going like 26-3, next map I changed my name back because they went and got an admin to ban me LMAO)

If it helps, I'll rephrase what I've said.

He was doing his job and did exactly what I have done, and what I would have done. There are some people you can trust to keep an eye out for you.. But as I've said before, wallhacking is a tricky one. Kavinsky has a demo for us to kindly share our opinions about.

^ That is my intended message. Not the "BAN FUCKING EVERYONE CAUSE THEY"RE DOING BETTER THAN MEZ!" impression you may have gotten earlier.
    I didn't really even make this thread soley because of Hobo, yes hobo had a part in it, but I actually made the thread because of Mikey's bans when he was obviously drinking. I also made it because of Rage's demo of aquat1es or however you spell his name. That ban needs to be removed, terrible ban and guess what James, he got banned because a couple people in the server were basically saying this guy had walls and possibly aimbot, but when you watch the demo, no such evidence is present, and Rage demod him for like 14 rounds. He finally banned him when something fishy happened (which can be not made fishy by radar). brk or whatever is now banned for 3 fucking months because an admin said he was too good at CS and it was time to ban him. I was there, that is what happened. brk was raping faces and one was an admin, that admin had enough and banned.

Oh and I have heard mikey make comments about people being too good and they hack, which is where part of my argument comes from, and the other part is because fluffy went 26-1. Some people here are basing the fact that he hacks soley on his 26-1 performance and that is bullshit.

This is not my server nor am I part of clan. I am part of the community and I believe the way bans have been being handled is not fair to new good players in the community. While I respect that you are clan, I disagree with the way you want to handle banning of potential hackers. This thread is not full of spam, so please don't treat it as such.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spasm View Post
    <a bunch of true shit>
    I'd like to +1 this entire post, pretty much. I've been banned from probably 20+ servers in my CS career for hacking, and been accused in countless others - like I said before, I have doubts about what would happen to me if I weren't an admin.

I understand new admins not knowing how to handle their power - how can you expect them to know, if they've never been taught? On the other hand, the continued tolerance and lack of care from the leadership is disconcerting. What does it matter if we ban good players for no reason, if they can be unbanned in a couple months? No harm done, right? Wrong. It's harmful to the community in the extreme, and ultimately will lead to the good players leaving out of disgust, if not by being banned.

We need more checks against poor bans. There have been numerous suggestions, most of which are good. Supposedly there is even something in the works in the form of the seniority system, but that's a good while off I should think, seeing as ZERO has limited time and it is tied into a forum upgrade. We need a solution now. Stop hurting the community by turning a blind eye to admins making poor decisions.

8. Default

James I have respect for both you and Hobo, but Hobo did make a mistake here. Kavinsky recorded a demo to be reviewed for banned, however hobo ignored the demo and went straight to banning. Hobo has apologized as he realized his mistake here.

And like Spasm said a good random will get accused, they should not be accused and banned but put on a need to watch list as there is probably a good chance some of them are hacking, but definitely not most. Like when Spasm was QQ I never accused him but I was suspicious for sure, just beacuase he was unusually good.

Wish I could get 26-1 :/ best I have done was 24-5... Damn glock made me go to 25-9
    Last edited by StarsMine; 08-25-2010 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and their own perspectives. Most of the newer admins, newer players, etc.. Have been banning for the wrong reasons (Hell, even I make mistakes). I agreed with you about wrongful bans in my very first post in this thread.

This is almost the same as when admins were making up their own rules, which I couldn't stand, personally. And if you think I like it when people get banned for the wrong reason, remember that I'm one of the few that goes through all the unban threads lol..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Don't be mad you can't articulate sentences like he can.
    Best part of this thread.

And whoever said that people need to be put on a watch list is entirely correct. Regulars need to take demos rather than yelling out "Hacker". Admins need to actually view demos before banning. Of course, there are sometimes very obvious cheats, like someone coming in with a name hack that changes every second (to avoid being banned) or someone spinning all over the place or zipping across the map. Those people are generally not regulars, though.

Simply put: take a demo* and post on the forums. Get ample responses in favor of banning prior to doing so. Allowing a hacker on the server for a couple more days is a lot better than banning a clean player, when sometimes it seems to take a while to get them unbanned.

* A demo should be at least a full map (or roughly 20-30 minutes). The more evidence you bring, the better.