Thread: Reserve Slots Discrimination!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Reserve Slots Discrimination!

I'm actually serious that I am kicked for reserved slots way more than average, and I think that it is based on ping alone. This is bullshit. I have an excellent gaming computer, I don't lag, and I can't help that I live in Nowheresville, Canada.

It wasn't my performance, either--I was level 25 in gungame and on the map switch I was kicked for reserve slot. This also happened on the previous map switch. And earlier in the middle of a map. 3 times tonight. I don't know why it enjoys picking on me specifically, but if there is any possible way to remedy this, my rage meter would appreciate it. And I don't mean donating to ibis. The servers being at fault =/= me giving away my $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    I'm actually serious that I am kicked for reserved slots way more than average, and I think that it is based on ping alone. This is bullshit. I have an excellent gaming computer, I don't lag, and I can't help that I live in Nowheresville, Canada.

It wasn't my performance, either--I was level 25 in gungame and on the map switch I was kicked for reserve slot. This also happened on the previous map switch. And earlier in the middle of a map. 3 times tonight. I don't know why it enjoys picking on me specifically, but if there is any possible way to remedy this, my rage meter would appreciate it. And I don't mean donating to ibis. The servers being at fault =/= me giving away my $$$.
    i understand the principal behind it, but 1.99/month shouldnt matter. unless your a small african child

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i understand the principal behind it, but 1.99/month shouldnt matter. unless your a small african child
    Honestly, I don't even have a credit card so it's kind of a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    Honestly, I don't even have a credit card so it's kind of a moot point.
    no need for one. if you have a bank account with more than 1.99 in it a month then ur good. i dont have a credit card either and i still have a reserved slot. just give paypal ur acct info and u can pay.

5. Default We just have to deal I guess

I get kicked out every map switch at least once......It also takes me 10 minutes of repetitive trying to get in to the server on a fairly frequent basis. It is not just you specifically Ren. I have learned to deal with it; eventually I get in and as I said I usually have to reconnect once per map switch- it sucks, but it is what it is......

Quote Originally Posted by [UA] Mos Def View Post
    I get kicked out every map switch at least once......It also takes me 10 minutes of repetitive trying to get in to the server on a fairly frequent basis. It is not just you specifically Ren. I have learned to deal with it; eventually I get in and as I said I usually have to reconnect once per map switch- it sucks, but it is what it is......
    lol yea i was playin the other day and it kept saying u were joining over and over again. i was like "mos def's tryin to crash the server!!!" lol :P

What would make it all less of a pain was if there wasn't that one "ghost slot" that prevents you from just setting it on auto join and waiting. At least that way I could go and play another game while I wait or do something else, but instead you have to sit there and click join repeatedly because Steam thinks there's an available slot when there's actually not...