Soas most of you know I under went surgery for Cancer (or return of the Cancer, to be precise)... And during the lengthy process I was subjected to forms and questions, for which I had to read, answer and sign off on...

Well last night my wife (lacking insurance) had to be taken to the hospital emerency room for the top of her foot becoming strained (And don't ask...)... Well upon entry into the emergency room, she to was asked a chit-load of questions... Well normally I don't pay mind to the question (seeing how retorical they tend to be)... but one question they asked my wife was, "Do you feel safe at home?"...

Now as open minded as I believe I am, I stopped the intake nurse in her steps and asked her to repeat the question... she did, and still I found myself not only taken back, but rather jilted... I all the questions asked of me... Not one of them was to ask me if I felt safe at home...

These question, to me is intrusive and biased... What are they afraid I will say, "No, ma'am, I do not feel safe at home?"... Are they afraid they would have to make it more safe at home before they release me?... I felt jilted... I felt that I was a victim without sanctuary... No one was looking out for me...

And yes I do have a right NOT to feel safe... I could fall down and blacken my eye... Hell, if I were holding a sandwich in my left hand, I feel my right hand would not help me stop my falling, while protecting my sandwich... but does anyone ask me if I feel safe at home... it is just not right... woman, you want eqaul rights, start with equal questions...