Thread: Admin Confrontation

1. Default Admin Confrontation

Taz and Katana disputing over an extended mute of Crazy Roberts. Was said to have been mic spamming 08/28 sometime in the afternoon, and was given a ban of a week from what I gathered. Katana came into the server at 11:00pm that day and un-muted Crazy Roberts without asking any of the admins on the server. He was aware that a prolonged ban had been placed on Crazy, and from my knowledge he did not mic spam, but was rather muted because of the pitch of his voice (from what Taz was discussing post the muting but prior to Katana being on the server).

Main dispute; Does katana have the right to overrule Taz's mute, given the fact that the misdemeanor did not seem to merit a week long mute, but rather a 5min - 2hour mute?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu Action Jesus View Post
    Taz and Katana disputing over an extended mute of Crazy Roberts. Was said to have been mic spamming 08/28 sometime in the afternoon, and was given a ban of a week from what I gathered. Katana came into the server at 11:00pm that day and un-muted Crazy Roberts without asking any of the admins on the server. He was aware that a prolonged ban had been placed on Crazy, and from my knowledge he did not mic spam, but was rather muted because of the pitch of his voice (from what Taz was discussing post the muting but prior to Katana being on the server).

Main dispute; Does katana have the right to overrule Taz's mute, given the fact that the misdemeanor did not seem to merit a week long mute, but rather a 5min - 2hour mute?
    99% of all cases another ibis.a admin does not have the right to overrule another. <ibis> clan members and overrule a regular admin i believe.....

Usually if an admin had permission he could unban him. But honestly we are talking a mute here. I wouldn't think its such a big deal. Taz will just mute him again if he wants to or another admin will.

3. Default

Yes but, on behalf of Crazy Roberts too, I think the mute should be taken off, considering he was muted for the afternoon, which in most cases should suffice for an out of the norm mic spam. I've played with him a lot, and he rarely uses his mic, let alone spams.

4. Default

Katana came into the game and un muted robert. Taz informed him how he isn't allowed 2 do that. katana replyed with something like "I'm not a loser who just plays video games, I don't give a shit" then cotinued 2 go on "well I'm just gonna keep un muting him, your mute was 2 long" he then further went on 2 display his lack of respet or interest in our TOS. clearly katana is just another noob who bought admin for there own personal gain, and not for the greater good of this community.

demo included.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Fu Action Jesus View Post
    Yes but, on behalf of Crazy Roberts too, I think the mute should be taken off, considering he was muted for the afternoon, which in most cases should suffice for an out of the norm mic spam. I've played with him a lot, and he rarely uses his mic, let alone spams.
    you personal opinion on the mute doesn't matter. if you have a problem, go to zero. admins can't override other admins choices. and according 2 the other thread on this issue, it shows that every 1 apparently hates robert, and is damn glad he's muted....

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Katana, it doesnt matter what fucking stunt and admin pulls, you can not override another admins disision w/out that admins consent. While it may lead to cases of people like Robert being muted for to long, it prevents more problems then it causes. If you want to be able to override an admin you must be a clan member, and considering this stunt, you will never be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Katana, it doesnt matter what fucking stunt and admin pulls, you can not override another admins disision w/out that admins consent. While it may lead to cases of people like Robert being muted for to long, it prevents more problems then it causes. If you want to be able to override an admin you must be a clan member, and considering this stunt, you will never be one.
    frankly, tbh, i dont care bout being a clan member, unlike some people it doesnt mean the world to me, ya ibis is a great server but there r shit admins, i understand ppl may think i'm a shit admin but ehh idc, personally i think taz is a shit admin and maynard is just backing him up because they r friends, dont get me wrong he can back him up if he wants to, and im not only on roberts side because im his friend, im on his side because taz was unfairly muting, so ya idc bout being in the clan if thats what you implied...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Katana came into the game and un muted robert. Taz informed him how he isn't allowed 2 do that. katana replyed with something like "I'm not a loser who just plays video games, I don't give a shit" then cotinued 2 go on "well I'm just gonna keep un muting him, your mute was 2 long" he then further went on 2 display his lack of respet or interest in our TOS. clearly katana is just another noob who bought admin for there own personal gain, and not for the greater good of this community.

demo included.

you personal opinion on the mute doesn't matter. if you have a problem, go to zero. admins can't override other admins choices. and according 2 the other thread on this issue, it shows that every 1 apparently hates robert, and is damn glad he's muted....
    well said maynard. the TOS is in place to keep us admins in check. the server rules are enforced by the admins, and in turn, the admins are bound by the TOS. Katana, you can't just take offence to an admin's punishments and undo them. in the noclip example, yes. you could probably undo that. but punishments aren't to be touched except by the punishing admin, or a clanner

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    personally i think taz is a shit admin and maynard is just backing him up because they r friends
    lol, you don't know maynard at all. maynard isn't backing taz up, he's backing the rules up. those are the admin rules. accept them, or don't admin here
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Katana, I've played with you and always thought you were a pretty chill guy, but you cannot override other admins. It's the rules, and you agreed to it when you paid for admin. If you don't like it, that's tough. Like Maynard said, allowing admins to override other admins' decisions will cause more problems than it will solve. If I muted someone and another admin said "lol bad mute" and unmuted them, I'd be pretty pissed off, and would definitely be talking to ZERO about their continued adminship.

The solution to admin abuse problems is cracking down hard on the admins that abuse. If you want to debate whether that's being done enough or not, that's fine, but you can't just skip over the rules because of some personal crusade on bad admins. Do you know what ignoring the rules makes you? That's right, a bad admin! So in your crusade to stop the bad admins, you yourself become one - in a different way, yes, but still an entirely problematic way. If you cannot abide by the rules you have no place enforcing them.

Your attitude towards this situation is disappointing. You obviously care very little for the community, and are completely willing to toss aside the rules when they inconvenience you. That is unacceptable in an admin. Also, your generalization of a dedicated admin as being some kind of basement-dwelling loser is incredibly immature, with no basis in reality. Usually the best admins are going to be the ones with balanced "outside" lives, because a balanced life tends to breed maturity.

Finally, I'd like to +1 this:

I'm not defending taz, I think the mute was BS, but what's even more BS was the things you said, and how you acted today. it also makes our community look like shit when 2 admins are arguing and 1 just keeps going on about how he doesn't give a shit about anything other then himself and that "you have a life cause you don't play games all the time"

9. Default

Katana you are never to undo another admins actions without their permission I don't care what the circumstances.

If you think an admin did something wrong you can feel free to PM Zero or any member of clan to review and take proper actions.

If you continue to use your admin powers in this way you will not only face losing your admin powers but you may face ban time.

Personally if I had been on when this happened and heard you showing such a blatant disrespect for you fellow admins I would have banned you for a week myself... till Zero had time to deal with you properly.