Thread: Forums section accessible only by admins to post demos, or complaints

1. Exclamation Forums section accessible only by admins to post demos, or complaints

Hey everyone,
    So i've had this discussion with mag, and i liked his idea, and after looking on the forums i saw that no one requested it , and its that :
    we think that it would be REALLY helpful if there was a section dedicated ONLY for admins (and clan) to post demos of possible hackers, or players disrupting the game etc...

The reasons for this forums section are the following:
    1- sometimes the accused party is a regular, and many flame threads are born from then on instead of discussing the actual complaint.
    2- IF the possible hacker has a forums account, they can clearly see their name on the suspect list in the "ban request" and toggle their hacks off and lay low (or smthn) which makes our admining job hard as fuck.
    3- sometimes inconclusive demos of possible hackers make it hard to get rid of the nuisance on the server... and we could use help BEFORE PERMA BANNING SOMEONE, and THEN posting a ban thread...
    4- we could use a section where we can even DISCUSS POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS or smthn like "what would more experienced admins have done?",, such as ask about a specific case and if it was handled properly by the admin, or if the admin shouldnt have banned someone or etc, WITHOUT HAVING NON-ADMINS WITNESSING THE DISCUSSION AND INTERFERING WITH POINTLESS COMMENTS as it seems to happen on the forums regularly...
    this would give admins to learn from their mistakes WITHOUT regulars interfering bcos they shouldnt be involved in this anyway, and also to avoid flame trollers, or ppl starting to disrespect admins if they made a judgement mistake...
    i find it a way to reduce admin abuse threads, instead we have subthreads like : admin lack of judgement , what_would_you_do_?, possible_hacker_demo_help_request....etc

hope i can get some feedback on this request? thanks.
    Last edited by CYBER; 09-15-2010 at 09:53 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I see no issues with the current system. We have admin because we pay for it; we aren't given special, hack-finding skills. Input from those who aren't admins should be welcomed as it offers a broader point of view.

Also, what would happen to those admins who needed to skip a month in their payments? Obviously they'd be excluded from the admin only section.

A noble idea, however it seems rather inefficient. ZERO would have to come up with some system to change the user permissions every time a payment begins/stops or he would have to change them manually every time. Mind you the regulars would still being making complaints that would need to be reviewed as well. Either way, this would just complicate what works already.

James, NYS, Rape all do a great job moderating the rules section. You need to learn to ignore the off topic replies. Please stop acting as if having the tag ibis.a puts a strain on your life. --Edit: this last sentence isn't directed solely at cyber
    Last edited by SCRIBBLE; 09-15-2010 at 10:26 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I see no issues with the current system. We have admin because we pay for it; we aren't given special, hack-finding skills. Input from those who aren't admins should be welcomed as it offers a broader point of view.

Also, what would happen to those admins who needed to skip a month in their payments? Obviously they'd be excluded from the admin only section.

A noble idea, however it seems rather inefficient. ZERO would have to come up with some system to change the user permissions every time a payment begins/stops or he would have to change them manually every time. Mind you the regulars would still being making complaints that would need to be reviewed as well. Either way, this would just complicate what works already.

James, NYS, Rape all do a great job moderating the rules section. You need to learn to ignore the off topic replies. Please stop acting as if having the tag ibis.a puts a strain on your life. --Edit: this last sentence isn't directed solely at cyber
    its all gd, i dnt persnally mind actually with the current system, i was just throwing the idea out there to get feedbacks, specially after a few "wrongful" bans done by some admins recently... figured it could have been avoided that way, but its all gd, everyone has their opinion, thx for urs bro
    and yeah, clan members do moderate well, but also at the cost of their own effort to find the thread needle in a haystack of flaming trollers ... instead of taking some "accusing" shit more privatelyt and not in front of the person discussed about.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Actually this is already planned (something similar) and will appear after the forums are updated sometime this year.

5. Default

Cyber, this has been a subject that hes already been posted, re posted, and re re posted. You probably don't know because it's buried and happened before you arrived, but as ZERO says, it's being dealt with from quite a long time ago.

Oh and yeah, good idea BTW for a lot of reasons so we'll see how it pans out in the future. Like anything else it will be a learning curve that requires tweaks, but eventually my guess is that it will bring an end to a LOT of the flames and BS that the current way has attached to it.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

Actually this is already planned (something similar) and will appear after the forums are updated sometime this year.
    Well hot damn.

7. Default

nyerk. That's my two cents.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

8. Default

owns... show me your penis...

rawr useless post..

the problem with that is keeping track of who is and isnt an admin. i know zero has it in the works but i dont know how much it will exclude/include current/past admins. thats my only worry.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

9. Default

oh, alright! thanks for the answer man , we know how much u're busy, also i cant wait for that new forums and admins hierarchy thing to be settled already, am here for the long run, lets hope we get to see this soon

oh well, like i said, its tedious to look in the forums for a specific topic (damn i wish there was a gd search engine to use here :P)
    eitherway, thanks everyone , i just wanted to ask aobut it . thx