Thread: Solutions Demo Problems

Default Solutions Demo Problems

correct me if i am wrong but i think i may know why alot of the demos being made by admins are not loading or are not viewable.

its because when you start the demo you type (for example) record "this hacker" in stead of "this-hacker" or "thishacker" i just tried a few demos and the only demos that work threw my "experiment" are the ones that do not have a space in the title of the demo.

so for future reference admins, if you make a demo make sure not to put a space in the title of the demo.. since some of the recent updates this must of changed.

just a heads up =D

also if you are trying to review a demo
    especially for wall hacking
    dont forget to type in console. it helps when reviewing the demo
    sv_cheats 1
    mat_wireframe 3

when done DO NOT forget to set them back to 0

2. Default

My recommendation is to go through mani menu after you have started the recording and use the auto-observe function to follow the player in question. It is the ideal move as you don't have to click around through players when speccing and it also posts in bright, bold green letters which player you are observing as well as their steam ID.

3. Default

I think it also enters the sb_status in for you but I can not be sure.

4. Default

I'm not sure if it adds in the sb_status. If it does I am doubling up then...

My commands go as such:
    1. >console: record partofplayername
    2. >console: sb_status
    3. >console: ma_admins
    4. F5 for screen shot of status/admins
    5. >admin menu> 1(Player Options)> 5(Auto-observe Player)

It's become ritual to avoid any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    Bind F10 "1. >console: record partofplayername
    2. >console: sb_status
    3. >console: ma_admins
    4. F5 for screen shot of status/admins
    5. >admin menu> 1(Player Options)> 5(Auto-observe Player)"
    fix'd

and it does do sb_status i just tested it out.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    fix'd

and it does do sb_status i just tested it out.
    yup it works.
    i just have 2 questions tho, mostly noobish:
    1- how do u record ur own voice again in a demo ?
    bcos some ppl tell me its : sv_loopback 1
    others say its : voice_loopback 1 ?
    also, should the command be written bEFORe or during ur demo? bcos i just can never seem to make it work...tried many variations.

2- how do u go into wireframe mode? is it in the demo playback? or u have to write a command before or during a demo so that u can use it?

i looked around the forums, but the answers might be wayy too back for me to find them... oh yeah, and am fucking lazy as hell about now :P
    thanks.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    yup it works.
    also, should the command be written bEFORe or during ur demo? bcos i just can never seem to make it work...tried many variations.

2- how do u go into wireframe mode? is it in the demo playback? or u have to write a command before or during a demo so that u can use it?

i looked around the forums, but the answers might be wayy too back for me to find them... oh yeah, and am fucking lazy as hell about now :P
    thanks.
    demos record only sounds coming through your output channel. voice_loopback 1 loops your voice back through your output.

loopback doesn't matter when you do it, but it must be before you want to say anything. sb_status MUST be DURING the demo (it has to appear in console in-demo)

wireframe mode is just used to view the demos. not entirely sure how you do it. i've always found it distracting o view them with it (the few times i did). it doens't help all that much except in some cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    yup it works.

thanks.
    like aco said loopback works when ever you type it in. voice_loopback 1 i recomened enabling it before a demo thiough so that you get alll of the demo including your self.

SB_status shows up at the beginning of the round when you are auto observing and when you close the demo. I as well as others have copy pasted SB_status into the forums because it is there.

to review demos using wireframe follow these instuctions

in console type

sv_cheats 1
    mat_wireframe 3
    demoui
    (load demo)
    (watch demo)
    when you are finished reviewing demo
    in console type
    sv_cheats 0
    mat_wireframe 0

editL: p.s. cyber
    re read the very first post that started this thread.. at the bottom (;

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    demos record only sounds coming through your output channel. voice_loopback 1 loops your voice back through your output.

loopback doesn't matter when you do it, but it must be before you want to say anything. sb_status MUST be DURING the demo (it has to appear in console in-demo)

wireframe mode is just used to view the demos. not entirely sure how you do it. i've always found it distracting o view them with it (the few times i did). it doens't help all that much except in some cases.
    thx aco gonna try em soon;P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...