Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: decent gaming laptop <1000$?

1. Default

Honestly the best deal in that price range really is the M11X I think there is currently a sale on them so check out alienware.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Honestly the best deal in that price range really is the M11X I think there is currently a sale on them so check out alienware.
    i was looking at this one for a while, the price is OK , gd shit in it, but the main drawback i find is the 11'' screen...i mean sure i can get myself a nice external tv screen for a 100 bucks, but at university it might piss me off a tad.
    oh yeah btw, am also a programmer :P so AT LEAST a 15.6 '' screen is kinda a must bcos its annoying as fuck to code on a small screen
    but thx for ur time zero, i might consider the M15X one, just for showing off :P (jk)
    Last edited by CYBER; 08-29-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Wait, do you live in canada? those 2 best buy things were from the Canadian site

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Wait, do you live in canada? those 2 best buy things were from the Canadian site
    yeah i live in canada . does that affect anything?:PP
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    yeah i live in canada . does that affect anything?:PP
    yea prices, canadian doller isnt worth as much as american :/

that laptop is 50$ more in canada (but .50cents cheeper shipping ) http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...%20E7405-080US

6. Default

I buy power is nice but you can get alot more powerful gpus then a mobile 5670 in a laptop for not much more if not the same price from other places

nice tool for buying new computers http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ng,2697-7.html
    Last edited by StarsMine; 08-30-2010 at 06:53 PM.

7. Default

Best buy is for newbs and u get raped on price everytime.

Go to:

http://www.refurbdepot.com/Asus_G51V...D_PriceGrabber

Or Alienware but they are more.

I have a similar Asus and it rox. All you'll need for what you do and more
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

8. Default

My lil sis has the M15x and if I was looking for a larger screen and weight did not matter much that is what I would buy.

My previous laptop was the model before the m15x back when wide screen laptops did not exist and it lasted almost 10 years. Although back in those days it had a socket 478 desktop chip in it.

9. Default

The laptop I just bought from Newegg I got for $620 it's an Acer and so far i've only tried css (which I know isn't that intensive) but i'm getting close to 200 fps which is a lot better than the 50 fps I was getting on my desktop lol
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?