Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: gettin a new desktop

got my computer today, too lazy to post specs now. but all in all it means i will be back wednesday to pwn u guys (too complicated to explain why its wednesday)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    got my computer today, too lazy to post specs now. but all in all it means i will be back wednesday to pwn u guys (too complicated to explain why its wednesday)
    tell us the specs damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

well i actually ended up getting a pre-built because of complications about y living situation and my friends work hours (long story...)

amd phenom II X6 1035T processor

ati radeon hd 5750 1024 mb graphics card

1.5 tb hard drive

8gb ddr3 memory

not sure about the rest right now, but it was this plus a 22 inch monitor for 1100. a little more than i wanted to spend, but considering it would be a couple weeks or so if i would have chosen to build my own, so i figured it was worth it. having css relapse

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    well i actually ended up getting a pre-built because of complications about y living situation and my friends work hours (long story...)

amd phenom II X6 1035T processor

ati radeon hd 5750 1024 mb graphics card

1.5 tb hard drive

8gb ddr3 memory

not sure about the rest right now, but it was this plus a 22 inch monitor for 1100. a little more than i wanted to spend, but considering it would be a couple weeks or so if i would have chosen to build my own, so i figured it was worth it. having css relapse
    As long as it's a Crosshair 3 Formula MB (which has X Fi HD soundcard) you should be good and you can add another graphics card later to use Crossfire which would be very similar to mine and I'm very happy with the way it performs.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    As long as it's a Crosshair 3 Formula MB (which has X Fi HD soundcard) you should be good and you can add another graphics card later to use Crossfire which would be very similar to mine and I'm very happy with the way it performs.
    yea but a 5750 :/ should have gone with 4 gigs and a gtx 460

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    yea but a 5750 :/ should have gone with 4 gigs and a gtx 460
    Actually I have two 4890's, Crossfire enabled and OC'd, and like them way better than the 5750 as they run cooler and more stable,(I get max FPS in CSS, 299 so...) but you're right on the 460. He may not have had an option for that price tho but all in all it sounds like he did ok as long as the MB isn't a mediocre board.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    Actually I have two 4890's, Crossfire enabled and OC'd, and like them way better than the 5750 as they run cooler and more stable,(I get max FPS in CSS, 299 so...) but you're right on the 460. He may not have had an option for that price tho but all in all it sounds like he did ok as long as the MB isn't a mediocre board.
    I ment id rather crossfire something like a 5770 or 4890/sli a 460 then a 5750... hell Id rather not crossfire a 5750 at all