Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rates

1. Default Rates

Gentlemen,

I have been playing terribly bad on the IBIS GunGame server, and only the IBIS GunGame server, and it has been causing great distress to me and my wife, whom I beat when I am faced with frustrating circumstances. Upon investigation, I discovered that I face choke upwards of 60 in the heat of battle. I usually play with a cmdrate and an updaterate of 100, and a rate of 35000, however no combination of rates have yielded more favourable conditions.

Is anyone else cursed with similar misfortune?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    Gentlemen,

I have been playing terribly bad on the IBIS GunGame server, and only the IBIS GunGame server, and it has been causing great distress to me and my wife, whom I beat when I am faced with frustrating circumstances. Upon investigation, I discovered that I face choke upwards of 60 in the heat of battle. I usually play with a cmdrate and an updaterate of 100, and a rate of 35000, however no combination of rates have yielded more favourable conditions.

rate 30000
    cmdrate 100
    updaterate 101 i believe

make sure your comp isn't on powersave mode too
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    Gentlemen,

rates are: cmd_rate 101, cl_updaterate 101, and rate 30000. idk if that is terribly different from the ones you are using. worth a try

4. Default

cmd_rate is 100 hall.

anyways choke is serverside so...fluffy you cant fix that...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    cmd_rate is 100 hall.

Choke can also be a result of mismatched rates between the server and the client. I had thought that more people would've spoken up about 50 choke on the server. D:

maybe this is why people thought you were hacking? cuz your rates teh fucked?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    maybe this is why people thought you were hacking? cuz your rates teh fucked?
    Surely not if my rates are identical to those of the respondents in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    cmd_rate is 100 hall.

close enough :P my cmd_rate is 101 and ive had no problems

9. Default

You never stated your fps during these times... 99.9% of all choke >5 is on client side. The only times that the server can cause choke is when the server fps drops below tick rate. This rarely happens other than at the very stat of maps when the server is loading resources and or spamming nades. I measure the fps of the server constantly every few seconds, in the last 24 hours for example the server has averages 473fps which is way above the 100 needed to provide constant 100tick calculations. Note that my calculations have shown the largest impact on server fps (and thus server side lag) across all the servers is the maps.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You never stated your fps during these times... 99.9% of all choke >5 is on client side. The only times that the server can cause choke is when the server fps drops below tick rate. This rarely happens other than at the very stat of maps when the server is loading resources and or spamming nades. I measure the fps of the server constantly every few seconds, in the last 24 hours for example the server has averages 473fps which is way above the 100 needed to provide constant 100tick calculations. Note that my calculations have shown the largest impact on server fps (and thus server side lag) across all the servers is the maps.
    Well, if client framerate was the issue, then I would assume that the problem would present itself across most other servers with similar mods. My FPS is significantly higher than the tick rate both in and out of combat.