Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Protip!

1. Default

You all seem to be missing my point.
    It's not about "I'll type how I want," it's about knowing the most fucking basic words in our language and how to use them correctly. I don't care about people using 1337 speak or "ur" to say "your" or "you're", etc. It's the idiots who fail so horribly at using these words when they honestly don't even know how.
    I seem to have hit a soft spot for half the forums with this post judging by all the dim-witted responses. This is the "Discussions" forum and I am discussing a topic.

Awaiting another failed attempt at a flame/another response like steamer's.

2. Default

Almost every forum I go to has grammar nazis. Yes, I do understand the difference between their, they're, and there. However, sometimes I type too fast and use the wrong one. However, most of the time people can connect the dots and the point gets across.

I hvae a felinig you can raed tihs snice the huamn brian lokos at the frist and lsat lteters of wrods isntaed of the wohle thnig.

3. Default

Why discuss a topic no one gives a fuck about?

Reply to threads, please don't make useless ones.
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm85/DMonic/projectsig.gif

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Almost every forum I go to has grammar nazis. Yes, I do understand the difference between their, they're, and there. However, sometimes I type too fast and use the wrong one. However, most of the time people can connect the dots and the point gets across.

I hvae a felinig you can raed tihs snice the huamn brian lokos at the frist and lsat lteters of wrods isntaed of the wohle thnig.
    Yes, but I can tell the difference between the ones who genuinely don't know the difference and those who do. Honestly is it really that hard to type the correct "there"? I mean, they are both 5 letters (not including they're)

Project.s seems to have taken a strong stance against using correct wording/grammar and thus contributed to the discussion. We are carrying out a strong argument for and against using simple grammar/wording. I would say this has turned out great.

I hold nothing against anyone who posted here either way though. Have a nice day, especially you project.

5. Default

LOL, this is to funny. If you can read it does it really matter? There is no need to spell everything correctly or check it on a forum. This isn't college. There really is no point in all this. If I wanted to spell or use grammar correctly I would do so.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    LOL, this is to funny. If you can read it does it really matter? There is no need to spell everything correctly or check it on a forum. This isn't college. There really is no point in all this. If I wanted to spell or use grammar correctly I would do so.
    Reread my last post friend. I like that you think understanding how to use those words is something to be taught in college though.

7. Default

I never said they are tought in college, reread my post. I simply implied that this is not college. Typing skills or grammar does not apply here as they do in school or at work (depeding on your job position). It is not something that is needed on any forums. You are making your own assumptions based upon people's (and my) general statements.

8. Default

who gives a fuck

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=8123
    post your grammar complaints here im sure they give a fuck

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D-Monic View Post
    who gives a fuck

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=8123
    post your grammar complaints here im sure they give a fuck
    "I agree with Maeron.
    The Grammar forum is not being used as well as the Vocab forum. This is frustrating because I have Grammar-related questions, so I post my questions there, even though the vast majority of people are in the other forum (ironically, where my question would be much more likely to be answered). This is very frustrating. "

AHAHAHAHA...How frustrating is that....Funny shit

Peace

10. Default

lol...here his a great prog for grammar!!

Peace
    Attached Images