Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bands

1. Default Bands

Hey
    Anyone here in a band?
    or play instruments at all

Right now I just play guitar (Metal, Alt., and Bluesy Rock) and have started working on singing, trying to form a metal and alternative band but there are no cool drummers around here

Anyways I'd love to see/hear what you guys got
    I write a lot of music too, feel free to check it out here
    I only have a couple of my songs up there but I would love some feedback on them if you want too
    The poetry that comes from the squarin' off between
    And the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance

I know the pieces fit......

2. Default

Beast Do...
    -MBP

3. Default

I Got Rock Band for 360, does that count?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I Got Rock Band for 360, does that count?
    lol no I don't think so
    The poetry that comes from the squarin' off between
    And the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance

I know the pieces fit......

5. Default

I've been playing bass for about six years, and have gotten pretty decent at it. Only played alternative rock type stuff up until about a year ago when I got into Thrash Metal, Melodic Death, etc. and started speed picking.

I've been working on vocals over the past year or so too, and I wouldn't call myself good, or close to it, but I've improved a lot, especially metal vocals. I've even got a half decent scream/growl down too.

I write a bit in the way of bass tabs, and lyrics, but nothing that's even close to half finished.. mostly just off the top of my head, from a ways back.

6. Default

I was a drummer 4 years ago...we we re doing Rage against the machine style music...then...i left,...played some guitar...and now.. i am in a band...i am singer and song writer....the band is about 6 months old...we now have 9 songs of ours...and it s pretty much good old ROCK N ROLL ...a demo is coming very soon... we ve alomst done our recording, mastering will sart soon....our myspace will be update as soon as we have it...here s couple of thread about us on these forums.....Gbob, shows, etc...

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22

Add us on myspace!!!

Peace.....and Rock N Roll!!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriel View Post
    I've been playing bass for about six years, and have gotten pretty decent at it. Only played alternative rock type stuff up until about a year ago when I got into Thrash Metal, Melodic Death, etc. and started speed picking.

I've been working on vocals over the past year or so too, and I wouldn't call myself good, or close to it, but I've improved a lot, especially metal vocals. I've even got a half decent scream/growl down too.

I write a bit in the way of bass tabs, and lyrics, but nothing that's even close to half finished.. mostly just off the top of my head, from a ways back.
    Screaming and screeching into a microphone is vocals?!? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?
    -MBP

8. Default

i used to play guitar in some shitty rock bands when i was a teenager then i sold my rig to move back from Michigan and haven't really picked one up since then

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Screaming and screeching into a microphone is vocals?!? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?
    Note the too. I've been singing long before I started getting into any of that. Over the past year I've decided to experiment with it a bit though, along with my falsetto. Screaming isn't hard, but growls/grunts are really tough for me.

10. Default I play guitar

I play guitar.. I'm soon to be in a band hopefully.
    I own a Dean Vendetta XM or 1.0.
    I own a little Rocktron amp 10 watt.. I'm hoping to get a big 120watt crate amp soon.

I listen to mostly Classic rock,metal,rock,Alternative.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215&dateline=12219272  96