Thread: Hey there

1. Default Hey there

Hey, I'm a fairly new player to the server and it doesn't make me feel all that great that my first introduction to the forum has to be in this topic.

However, what I am posting about is, of course, my apparent ban.

I was playing on the highschool level and generally just following the crowd. Went into what is known as "The red room" and people started cading it right away. Me being new to the server, I did not realize that this was actually illegal at the time. After a round of it, someone on the zombie team made a vague comment alluding to the fact that the red room was not allowed to be caded. Him not being indicated as an admin in his name, I more or less wrote it off as a frustrated player.

Another round went by, people heading back to the red room and it being variously caded and uncaded, I more or less sat back and just shot at the door to try to keep zombies out. However no more than a moment later, I had a box with text on my screen telling me I had been banned. After which is obvious, I spent some time trying to find this forum to take a closer look at the rules and to report my problem.

I enjoy playing on your server and, while ignorance is not an excuse, it really is my only defense and I hope that after reading this you realize, that me having taken the time and effort to find this forum and type this here that shows that I did not intend to maliciously break the rules but broke one more out of misunderstanding/ignorance more than anything. In essence, its a big oops on my part and I hope that can be seen.

Name in Game:Smackelbap
    Steam-ID:Smackelbap
    Who banned you: Not really sure
    When: somewhere between 2am-3am GMT-5 on 09/04/10
    Where: IBIS zombie mod server more specifically: Zombie MOD+ | IBIS | FAST DL | PsychoStats
    Why banned: Presumably for cading an illegal space, I say presumably because that is my best guess as to why
    Last edited by Smackelbap; 09-04-2010 at 01:59 AM.

2. Default

Format please

Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

3. Default

i banned you for cadeing red room it was told in game to not be done and is known trough out the servers it as a two hour ban and sorry for the problem i gave plenty of warning and people didn't stop it You weren't the only one banned

4. Default

Alright, I just more or less wasn't completely sure why I had been banned and wanted some clarification. I apologize, I couldn't hear you if you were speaking, everyone was constantly shooting and if it was text I simply didn't see it. But thank you for the clarification and I now know that it is not allowed as per the cading rules.

5. Default

Resolved.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.