Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Siege 2.0

1. Default Siege 2.0

I don't have a demo because it was more or less a one time thing that just struck me as quite odd, I also have no idea how to get someone elses steam id so ya. This isn't so much a ban request as it is a "please watch this person" it may be something it may not, if not i apologize and go about your day. This was on the ZM server by the way.

Player name: Siege 2.0
    Steam-ID: (as stated above)
    sb_status: (as stated above)

What hacks: Possible walling

Other info: Basic description of what I saw, was on a level and was using a few vending machines to hide myself, hadnt shot them over or anything so it was obvious i was hiding. I had no less than 5 zombies come into the room searching for survivors, none of the 5 zombies before him could see me and none of them knew i was there aka. they walked complete 360 degrees around me and didnt see me.
    Then came Siege, who didnt even walk into the room, he walked up, looked at one of the vending machines (oh so lucky for him it was the exact one he needed to get at me easily) and started after me. The basic point is there was no way he could have known I was there, I might have chalked it up to dumb luck but it is way to suspicious that he knew exactly the one to go at and was relentless. I also asked him multiple times afterward how he had seen me, just curious as to how I had messed up. If he had actually answered me, I probably wouldnt even be posting because I wouldnt have any reason to be suspicious, but he ignored me so I became suspicious. No he doesnt have to answer but I suppose this is what happens when you act like that.
    Last edited by Smackelbap; 09-12-2010 at 12:04 AM.

2. Default

this doesn't make sense....
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    - Jeff Cooper

3. Default

I don't see how it doesnt make sense, he saw me despite 5 other people, who searched the area far more thoroughly, didnt see me and he knew exactly where I was and how to get at me. It's just suspicious to me.

Edit: Also, just for the record, I attempted to get an admin that was on the server at the time to help me out, Blade. I kinda felt like I was being ignored, but he might have been afk at the time, I dunno, its really. Just saying I tried to get help on the server while it was running.

4. Default

first off.. you get his info by typing sb_status in your consol and then you find his name and talk the whole line..

Second.. No demo, no ban..
    and you really cant base it one just 1 thing.. he could have used the mini map, or just heard the sounds..
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

5. Default

I respect and realize that carina, as I stated in my opening sentences this isn't so much a "plz ban" post as a "plz watch" post. I do realize that you can't base a ban on one thing and without evidence to boot. However given that there isn't a place to put such posts...I figured this was the closest appropriate place. Also I had thought such things initially as well, he may have listened for sounds or used the mini map. However, I was not moving, at all, not even turning in place, so no sound would be made. Also in order for him to see me on the minimap I would need to fire my weapon, since he is on the opposing team. I never fired my weapon the entire round(this would be a little dumb of me since the point was to hide).

Again, I realize that the post is not sufficient to warrant and ban and did not expect it to be(see opening statement on OP). However as someone who plays on the ZM server and thus a member of the community I felt it was my responsibility to report suspicious behavior and so I did.

Edit: I hate making posts like this because for one I always feel like I will upset someone for making a post like this on one of their friends or some such thing. Also I am almost always not looking for hackers and the like because I tend to just try to enjoy the game for what it is, a game. For that reason I often end up not having very much evidence for any post like this as well. Which in turn makes me feel like im upsetting the admins because I didn't make a "solid post". That is why I have phrased this entire post the way I have. I saw something that was suspicious if not blatant and felt the need to post something to inform that admins of the issue, whether it gets results or not is not really my concern here heh.
    Last edited by Smackelbap; 09-12-2010 at 01:26 AM.

6. Default

and one thing no steam id means nothing since it could be some one taking people names or not so i will watch out but that all

7. Default

Sorry about all the confusion with the steam id and what not, thanks to carina for supplying me with the means to find the steam id, here ya go. (If it even applies at this point heh)

steam id: STEAM_0:1:32225366
    sb_status: STEAM_0:1:32225366 Siege 2.0 4cYnhefyiUjUU2uM1QloTTsrmoYOw+iC

8. Default You need better communication

First to address why no one, including me, answered you is because if you tried a mic, no one heard you, and if you typed, that easily gets looked over unless you post it a few times.

As to how I could have found you, if it is the one map where you can go underground and is very dark (and has that slow moving door) That is a common space where I find people (as I used to hide there last month).

As to how I got the exact vending machine: i could have gotten you from any side, but the front was the easiest. (for obvious reasons and I was able to jump and move the vending machine)

As to offending me: I don't care and understand how it happens, but I can assure you that any ghosting I do is after I am dead (as we now automatically spawn as zombies when we join late) and hope this clears out any confusion.

Also, thanks for finding my steam ID i just started this account today ;-)

-CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    First to address why no one, including me, answered you is because if you tried a mic, no one heard you, and if you typed, that easily gets looked over unless you post it a few times.

As to how I could have found you, if it is the one map where you can go underground and is very dark (and has that slow moving door) That is a common space where I find people (as I used to hide there last month).

As to how I got the exact vending machine: i could have gotten you from any side, but the front was the easiest. (for obvious reasons and I was able to jump and move the vending machine)

As to offending me: I don't care and understand how it happens, but I can assure you that any ghosting I do is after I am dead (as we now automatically spawn as zombies when we join late) and hope this clears out any confusion.

Also, thanks for finding my steam ID i just started this account today ;-)

-CJ
    also most people found hiding behind vending machines can be seen on radar. maybe not the case here, but is another reason not to call some1 a wallhacker just cuz they found your fail spot

10. Default

i know i can, on certain maps, see exactly which machine is "occupied" the slightest difference from where it's supposed to be (and i mean, slightest. even if it's just turned 2 degrees to the left or something) and i get suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?