Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BETA Site

1. Arrow BETA Site

I have basically finished the site from a functional perspective. Note that it is still in testing and needs a lot of style work to be finished. However, all the functions that it is going to supply are working so I have opened it up to the public.

Remember these are not the final colors, some things like the pink footer are that way b/c I keep elements in a high contrast setting until they are completed.

For those that want to check it out it is ukanime.org yea I went ahead I got us a domain so it will be easy to find.

You will see that Google calender is being used. We will be switching from wiggio to the google calender as people can easily integrate the data into their own e-mail and phone apps ect.

In order for officers to post on the calender they will need gmail accounts. I can then give your account full access rights to the calender. We will try to set this up tomorrow so that we can start using the Google calendar right away.
    Last edited by ZERO; 09-13-2010 at 11:05 PM.

This looks great Steven. No, seriously, it does. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we really appreciate everything you do for the club.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

3. Default

Thanks just updated some quick patches:

Made it so you can read the entire descriptions for upcoming calender events.

Made it so that the page will dynamically change in size as needed by content. (prevents data from getting chopped off)

4. Default

No our club is not easily mistaken for smoked cheese but here is our favicon:

You will see it next the the title and url in your browser when looking at the site from now on.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    No our club is not easily mistaken for smoked cheese but here is our favicon:

You will see it next the the title and url in your browser when looking at the site from now on.
    off topic, but how do you do that?

i'd love to figure it out for my mom's site
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Place in between <head> tags or under title and meta data.

Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon "href="address to image file (png or ico works)">
    Note that image needs to be 16x16 or a size that will look decent scaled to 16x16.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Place in between <head> tags or under title and meta data.

Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon "href="address to image file (png or ico works)">
    Note that image needs to be 16x16 or a size that will look decent scaled to 16x16.
    thankyou!!
    would .jpeg work?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

I have not tested it but it could. But I know that ico and png support transparency as does favicons.

9. Default

Updated the site style to be simpler to read. I have also forced the creation of http://www. and the ending / in the url at all times for consistency.

Most importantly for YOU is that the rss feeds are now linked via your browsers default collection method. In firefox for example you should now see the subscribe to this page option in the url space with 2 options. This allows users to easily integrate the dynamic rss feeds into a program of your choice for convince. This will allow you to keep up to date with club events and activities using any rss service of your liking!

10. Default

Master success! I have figured out a way to make it so that we can have a dynamic smoked cheese on a rope! Yes the length of the rope will automatically get longer and shorter as needed based on the content. Currently not all of the rope is dynamic and I will be adjusting the minimum length of the rope as needed once I see how it looks as the page changes over time.

(Does not work for IE (get a browser that actually supports current web specs))

(A lot of sites to not work correctly in IE for the same reason, however for now (until I find a work around) Internet Explorer will provide the non smoked cheese version of the site)
    Last edited by ZERO; 10-10-2010 at 07:59 PM.