Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And for today's discussion...

1. Default And for today's discussion...

Let's chat about "hacking," shall we?

I think everyone's aware of all the hacking accusations going on and I would like to make a frank post that explains a stance that should be taken.

If you feel that a player is hacking, prove it. Don't cry about it, don't scream for admins, don't flame them in forums, don't team attack them, just prove it. Get a demo, show an admin. If you can't get a demo of them hacking...guess what...

THEY'RE NOT HACKING.

What the hell ever happened to innocent til proven guilty? I guess some people decided to make it "innocent til i get headshotted." I know I'm going to get flamed for this, I know I'm basically restating what has been stated many other places, but clearly the message isn't getting across. Get a demo, or stfu. I'm tired of little kids crying every time I kill them on any server. I want to try to help IBIS be a place where good players can play without little babies whining all the time, and that's why I'm making this post.

ADMINS: I'm not calling you out, I'm just saying that you're not excluded from this. If you can't prove someone is hacking, keep trying til you do or just stop bothering them. If someone really is hacking, don't yell at em about it cuz if they do, then they'll stop and you won't get your demo. And if players are teamattacking or just crying about hackers, try to keep it a positive, competitive environment and mute/kick those players. These are just suggestions of course, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your jobs, just trying to help some of you do it a little better.

Basically I'm just trying to make IBIS a place where good players can play without being bothered about "hacking" all the time. If the players are stronger, the community is stronger, and the competition is stronger and that means (for anyone over say...15 or 16) more fun. If you're against more fun, go somewhere else.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    What the hell ever happened to innocent til proven guilty? I guess some people decided to make it "innocent til i get headshotted." I know I'm going to get flamed for this, I know I'm basically restating what has been stated many other places, but clearly the message isn't getting across. Get a demo, or stfu. I'm tired of little kids crying every time I kill them on any server. I want to try to help IBIS be a place where good players can play without little babies whining all the time, and that's why I'm making this post.

If you know that this have been talked about a lot, and you know its not gonna change and you know your gonna get flamed, then Why make this in the first place?
    You know just as well as i do that nothing is gonna change.. the ppl that think the two of you are hacker, will still think your hackers after this..

ADMINS: I'm not calling you out, I'm just saying that you're not excluded from this. If you can't prove someone is hacking, keep trying til you do or just stop bothering them. If someone really is hacking, don't yell at em about it cuz if they do, then they'll stop and you won't get your demo. And if players are teamattacking or just crying about hackers, try to keep it a positive, competitive environment and mute/kick those players. These are just suggestions of course, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your jobs, just trying to help some of you do it a little better.
    You are telling then what to do..
    And I have never heard an ADMIN yell out that there is a hacker, well besides you and fluffy, but that is gonna keep on going
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

3. Default

This thread is a flame war just waiting to happen. Mods should probably close this.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    This thread is a flame war just waiting to happen. Mods should probably close this.
    agreed already been discussed as well, close this before it gets out of hand.

5. Default

ok. it's like this.

they may be hacking.

boo-fucking-hoo

get a goddamned demo of them, and then they'll be banned. a demo that shows hacks, not just them killing your ass a few times. also, when you get a shit-ass demo of them and your ban request/ban is overturned, don't bitch and throw a temper tantrum. just shrug, go in-game and get...a BETTER DEMO

fucking close this
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

bananas.

7. Default

Does anyone think it's a little ridiculous for me to come on the forums, become a part of the community, make posts like this...then go hack on the server? Same for fluffy. Watch the demos, watch us in game, learn something. Don't scream hacks. Don't be retarded people.

8. Default

Does anyone think it's a little ridiculous for me to come on the forums, become a part of the community, make posts like this...then go hack on the server? Same for fluffy. Watch the demos, watch us in game, learn something. Don't scream hacks. Don't be retarded people.
    well.. so did Silent Sniper.. + he was an admin..
    just because you and fluffy is a part of forum, doesnt mean your not hacking (if you are, im gonna keep my opinion to myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

9. Default

this thread was a waste of my freakin time reading it....
    "BLINK-BLINK-BLINK-BLINK-BLINK"

silent sniper was a different case entirely. he was never great and then all a sudden he came into the server one day after downloading organner and decided to test it in there. dick move on his part.

i havent gotten to play against fluffy or brett yet, but i watched fluffys demos and there was nothing in them. i havent been on the servers in a while but either way this has been going on since the beginning of the year at the very least.

people getting banned for bhopping, or getting threatened to be banned. legit players being accused of walls, aim assist, no recoil, etc... i remember when Nix got banned, when it was plainly obvious that she used sound in all of those demos. now she doesnt even play here anymore, even after getting unbanned.

thats what brett is saying. you sift out all of the good/legit competition and youre left with servers full of scrubs. forever.