Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sugoi Con

1. Default Sugoi Con

SUGOICON
    November 5 - 7, 2010
    Drawbridge Inn
    2477 Royal Dr, Ft. Mitchell, KY 41017

Here are the rates for the hotel rooms for two nights in two rooms for the convention

The Drawbridge Inn (Hotel hosting SugoiCon) Offers a group rate of 20% off total hotel reservations,
    making it $80 per room per night at the day of the con

However Zach has found us a 3 star hotel through Hotwire averaging out to 60$ per night,
    which is substantially cheaper on the club budget

$240 - 2 night stay from hotwire
    $320 - 2 night stay from drawbridge inn

MEMBERS PARTICIPATING

If you would like access a free provided hotel room, You must do two things

ONE: Paying your club membership fee, there are several payment options to choose from,
    each with its own individual perk. They are as follows...

A) 10 Dollars a Semester
    B) 15 Dollars a Year
    C) 15 Dollars a Semester + T-Shirt
    D) 20 Dollars a Year + T-Shirt

TWO:You MUST fill out a pre-registration form listed below, and turn it in to Zach (or any other one of the officers)
    before October 4th, any members wishing to join in after that date are responsible for their own lodging

MEMBER PRICE

Members paying for UK Anime membership shall get a hotel room for SugoiCon free

The only price members shall pay is 30$ for the pre-registration

Members without vehicles shall be provided a ride up to the convention as well

PRE-REGISTRATION LINK: http://www.sugoicon.org/current/imag...10_pre-reg.pdf

Members not wanting to pay the club dues, and wish to room at sugoicon itself
    have the complete right to purchase their own room, and if wanted, may send in their
    pre-registration forms with the UK Anime official members to get the group discount as well

MEMBER LIST
    People wanting to join the convention, feel free to post in this thread, or sign the tally list at the next UK Anime meeting

Hope everyone has fun!
    Last edited by AnHero; 09-17-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

What dates is this? Also where is this?

NVM I found the info and edited your post.
    Last edited by ZERO; 09-17-2010 at 08:17 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What dates is this? Also where is this?

NVM I found the info and edited your post.
    lol sorry, i thought i included that. thanks for the fix-desu

4. Default

What Hotel and where is it? Also, when are we going to decide where we stay, if we get to decide at all?
    A Molotov Cocktail?

5. Default

Silly people, getting to decide where we stay. We poor as shit. We're using Hotwire which gets us the best deal without knowing what hotel it is until we book it. The only thing we do know is that it's in the Florence area. That's about a 10 minute drive from there to Ft. Mitchell which is where Sugoicon is held. We checked the hotels in Ft. Mitchell but we can only book those for the con and they are ridiculously expensive. I'm sorry but we can't afford to live in style at $150 per room per night. The best we got is $56 per room per night.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    Silly people, getting to decide where we stay. We poor as shit. We're using Hotwire which gets us the best deal without knowing what hotel it is until we book it. The only thing we do know is that it's in the Florence area. That's about a 10 minute drive from there to Ft. Mitchell which is where Sugoicon is held. We checked the hotels in Ft. Mitchell but we can only book those for the con and they are ridiculously expensive. I'm sorry but we can't afford to live in style at $150 per room per night. The best we got is $56 per room per night.
    we could just sleep on that little meadow just outside the convention complex and share that area with all the Organization XIII cosplayers. $0 per room per night, and we get something to make fun of!
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

7. Default

Just realized that this is in the wrong forum I am moving it now.

8. Default

I am stupid. I apologize for this.

I was confused by the wording on the Sugoicon Web site but have now found that we do need to send in the money. Everybody who fills out a preregistration form needs to bring a check or money order for 27 dollars on Tuesday along with their form. Make the check payable to Sora.

I know it says $30 but we get a 10% discont as a group thus making you only responsible to pay $27 to go. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    I am stupid. I apologize for this.

I was confused by the wording on the Sugoicon Web site but have now found that we do need to send in the money. Everybody who fills out a preregistration form needs to bring a check or money order for 27 dollars on Tuesday along with their form. Make the check payable to Sora.

I know it says $30 but we get a 10% discont as a group thus making you only responsible to pay $27 to go. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
    Thanks for letting me know and on the note I do all my money stuff in cash, so I don't have a checking account and I don't know what a money order. So if someone could tell how I can get a money order or write a check on my behalf, any help will be quite nice since I do want to go and thanks!

10. Default

I think it costs $$ to create a money order.

Also does anyone know of a way to get tickets via credit card? (I do not care of cost)