Thread: Abuse?

1. Default Abuse?

I'm not sure if this is abuse, but is it allowable for admins to perma-mute people who don't speak English? If so there was a admin that did it, AND YES I KNOW ITS IN WRONG FORMAT, waiting to see if people say thats abuse before the evidence comes in.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

2. Default

Perma-mute is for people who have multiple violations of mic spamming.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Perma-mute is for people who have multiple violations of mic spamming.
    Should they also post it in the bans section?

And shouldn't this be posted in the rules?

4. Default

Yea it would probably make seance to post in the unban section so it is easy to find.

5. Default

Ok, whats this perma mute. last time I check when you muted some one it only lasted until the map was over. I muted few non English speaking user last night after I warned them to speak English over the mic. I did what I use to do, @mute (name) then its done they reconnect or wait till the next map its gone. If some thing change I would like to know and I am sorry if I done any thing wrong.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Ok, whats this perma mute. last time I check when you muted some one it only lasted until the map was over. I muted few non English speaking user last night after I warned them to speak English over the mic. I did what I use to do, @mute (name) then its done they reconnect or wait till the next map its gone. If some thing change I would like to know and I am sorry if I done any thing wrong.
    i didnt have any problems with those two fellas pinky... unless they got worse after i left the server in ur capable hands

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

7. Default

with the latest version of mani, if you don't put a number after the command, they're perma muted. also, it's pretty hard to dodge the mute by reconnecting, and even map changes still retain it. the only thing that will undo the mute is if the time you set expires, or someone unmutes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    with the latest version of mani, if you don't put a number after the command, they're perma muted. also, it's pretty hard to dodge the mute by reconnecting, and even map changes still retain it. the only thing that will undo the mute is if the time you set expires, or someone unmutes

Didnt know that I haven't used the mute since I came back well I have, but I normally unmute them quickly after as a warning to mic spammers. I just wanted to mute them for the last 5 minutes of the map. I keep that new timer thingy in mind didnt know they had that.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

9. Default

Didnt know that I haven't used the mute since I came back well I have, but I normally unmute them quickly after as a warning to mic spammers. I just wanted to mute them for the last 5 minutes of the map. I keep that new timer thingy in mind didnt know they had that.
    yep! it's pretty sweet. just don't completely forget to put a number, or else they'll be muted until they make a topic here to request an unmute
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?