View Poll Results: What Anime do we watch??

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arakawa Under the Bridge

4 26.67%
  • K-ON!!

5 33.33%
  • B Gata H Kei

1 6.67%
  • Hanamaru Kindergarten

4 26.67%
  • Heroman

2 13.33%
  • Lovely Complex

4 26.67%
  • Kure-Nai

3 20.00%
  • Working!!

3 20.00%
  • Angel Beats

6 40.00%
  • Kaichou wa Maid-Sama

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vote for new Anime!

1. Default Vote for new Anime!

We're going to start with 10 series and the votes will go towards what we watch for the next few weeks until I can get a more permanent solution up!

So vote away!

EDIT: I did not in any way let my own judgment decide what went in this list. I just grabbed ten series out of the thread.

Also, I gave everybody multiple votes. You can have up to three votes. I'm going off of an honesty system here so don't betray my trust!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

Actually you can see who voted for what. People who exceed 3 votes will be tared and feathered. Also should not this be in the hidden section so that only paid members can vote... although we can move it there later in addition b/c we can see who voted we could easily remove votes from people who do not have voting power.

Also there is another option where if you want these sorts of things to be publicly visible but have the votes restricted I can make it so that only club members can vote in the announcements forum.
    Last edited by ZERO; 09-19-2010 at 08:54 PM.

This is, without a doubt, the hardest choice I've ever had to make in my life. So many good series...

For people who don't know what these series are, hop on http://www.myanimelist.net or Anime News Network or AniDB in order to view descriptions.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

4. Default Series Info

Arakawa Under the Bridge:
    The story is about the strange courtship of a successful executive in life called Kou and a mysterious woman called Nino who lives under a bridge. It all begins when Kou almost drowns in a river but is saved by Nino. For saving his life, Kou fulfills Nino's desire to have a boyfriend. Thus, Kou becomes her boyfriend, but has to live with her under the bridge...
    Arakawa.jpg

K-ON!!
    K-On!'s story revolves around four Japanese high school girls who join their school's Light Music Club to try to save it from being disbanded. However, they are the only members of the club, and the last recruit, Hirasawa Yui, has no experience in playing instruments or reading sheet music.
    kon.png

Hanamaru Kindergarten:
    Anzu is a kindergartener with a massive crush on her teacher Tsuchida. Tsuchida clearly prefers Yamamoto, a young woman who handles the class next door, and Anzu has two gal pals to help her out: shy Koume and eccentric Hiiragi.
    kinder.png

Heroman:
    The story will center on a boy named Joey who discovers a toy robot near the west coast of the United States. Then, the toy becomes Heroman, a giant robot that Joey pilots against evil threats.
    hero.png

Lovely Complex:
    Risa and Otani are always being laughed at as the comedy duo. Risa, a girl, is taller than the average girl, and Otani, a boy, is shorter than the average boy. The two are always bickering and even their teacher sees them as a comedy act. But as their friendship develops, so do Risa's feelings toward Otani.
    lovely.png

Working!!
    Set in a family restaurant in Hokkaido, the northern prefecture of Japan, 16 year old high school student Takanashi Souta works part-time along with his strange co-workers: Taneshima Popura, a high school girl who's a year older than Souta who's easily mistaken for a elementary/middle schooler, and Shirafuji Kyoko, the 28-year old store manager who doesn't bother to do any work at all.

working.png

Angel Beats
    In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the otherhand, Tenshi, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers.

angel.png

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
    A romantic comedy that centers on the student council head named Misaki Ayuzawa who despises the mostly male, slovenly population at her school, which was once an all-boys school. However, Misaki also has to work at the maid café where one of her male classmate finds her.

maid.png

Kure-nai
    Based on a series of light novels, Kure-nai is about the adventures and misadventures of 16-year-old Kurenai Shinkurou. Shinkurou is an authority in settling disputes between people, and finds his life turned upside down one day when he is assigned as a bodyguard for Kuhouin Murasaki, the daughter of a powerful plutocratic family.

kure-nai.png

Thanks Aly, I was hoping someone would do that.

Oh yeah, and B Gata H Kei is about a girl whose goal is to have 100 sex partners but she can't even achieve, or get over, her very first one.
    Last edited by RamenPoodle; 09-20-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

6. Default

Somebody vote up K-ON!! I don't want to go through the terrible first four episodes of Angel Beats again. Let's be honest, it doesn't get good until the final half.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    Somebody vote up K-ON!! I don't want to go through the terrible first four episodes of Angel Beats again. Let's be honest, it doesn't get good until the final half.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU** youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Angel beats was hnnngggghhh tier for Tachi....errm... Tenshi

Also Yui makes everything worthwhile

Also not voting for K-On due to moeblob that shall completely corrupt the club from now on permanently...

Face it, if people EVER watch K-On, they shall be addicted to moe, and their taste altered for life... do you really want to feed our club members such a dangerously addictive drug??? (voting for it now since i convinced myself in my argument against it)

also voting Kure-nai, since that itself is one of the most absolutely amazing series ever to be created in terms of originality, refreshment, and interest, its so freaking underrated to the point that it makes me feel horrible

Anyways, voting

however i do think B Gata H Kei should be swapped out with Macross frontier

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Amv of frontiers godliness

(edit: Voted for Hanamaru Kindergarten (its not pedo at all... i hate that people think it is), Kure-nai, and Lovely Complex)

Btw females/males, Lovely Complex is an absolutely fantastic shoujo series that is extremely under-noticed

I had no idea they'd made an anime for Kaichou wa Maid-sama! I loved the manga, then what readers I was using online cut it off. T_T Anyone know how close to the manga it is? Or rather, how good of an anime? =^_^=

9. Default

I demand B Gata H Kei, do not make me change everyone's votes!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I demand B Gata H Kei, do not make me change everyone's votes!
    you kisama! its on, i have faith in the power of the many to choose what is truly right!
    (hanamaru Kindergarten)