Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: General Server Rules 1.8

1. Default

Note that edging and stuff like that is not team killing only things that directly kill your team such as shooting out the bridge under the entire team and shit to force the team to lose when they would otherwise have won is.

Any way to add a mod that if someone is still, in an area of like 10 feet (give or take), for 10 seconds it will start taking 10 damage every other second? I know they have mods that prevent camping, I just don't know the names of them. Just an idea to prevent camping on any server we have.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Any way to add a mod that if someone is still, in an area of like 10 feet (give or take), for 10 seconds it will start taking 10 damage every other second? I know they have mods that prevent camping, I just don't know the names of them. Just an idea to prevent camping on any server we have.
    GGDM beacons you if you camp for so long, maybe add that to regular GG.

4. Default

D.A.R.K. Yushun wouldn't last if that were implemented

5. Default

The classic argument is, if you know where they are camping, then they are an easier target. People play the game differently, makes the game easier for some people to sit in defense and get attacked.

If they are doing it in a way that is intentionally prolonging the round,(IE. Hiding in any "secret" spots, not firing or hanging out with an enemy, running from knife fight.) then you could implement the warn, slay kick... avenue. But you better be sure it was intentional, or it could be seen as abuse.

INMYOPIONION.png
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

6. Default

What pisses me off is when someone is camping and you tell them to move, you beacon them, and you slap them, but they still won't move..

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rawrr View Post
    What pisses me off is when someone is camping and you tell them to move, you beacon them, and you slap them, but they still won't move..
    If you have to verbally warn a camper than beacon him/her than resorting to slapping as a last ditch, and he/she still doesn't listen I think a slay is in order.

It irritates the fuck out of me when people don't listen or blatantly ignore admins, players need to start paying more attention to admins.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    There is a camp-slap mod which beacons and slaps you until you move but sometimes it's too sensitive and can be an inconvenience if you're not really camping but say, on top of a narrow building (like in texture city) looking around. The slap can also be learnt to be abused to get to normally unreachable places

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    The classic argument is, if you know where they are camping, then they are an easier target. People play the game differently, makes the game easier for some people to sit in defense and get attacked.

If they are doing it in a way that is intentionally prolonging the round,(IE. Hiding in any "secret" spots, not firing or hanging out with an enemy, running from knife fight.) then you could implement the warn, slay kick... avenue. But you better be sure it was intentional, or it could be seen as abuse.

INMYOPIONION.png
    That only works if the maps are small. GG has got some bigger maps with 2 and 3 levels to them. Implenting a mod to slaps someone(for 5 - 10 damage) who sits still for 5 - 10 seconds in one spot. That way admins don't have to waste time trying to spec everyone and yelling at people. With a mod it would be implimented automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by rawrr View Post
    D.A.R.K. Yushun wouldn't last if that were implemented
    I couldn't aggree more.

10. Default

I still think the idea of camping on gg is a joke. The maps are small and if they are camping they are usually in the same spot and therefore are a free kill. In other words camping is of no overall advantage on gg verses any other strategy. The only thing I can say is that players should not be trying to delay the game. It if a different story when they are just trying not to get killed and run the clock down when there is still like 1:30 left verses getting a position.

WTF, you guys are acting like camping is breaking a rule. Camping while not encouraged is most certainly allowed.
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.