Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: General Server Rules 1.8

1. Default

Koolayed.
    Shut up

There's a slight problem (i think) with our Ghosting policy.

How will we know if someone is ghosting over vent, sometimes that can look like they're hackin'

With a Chat program they would probably have to stop moving to see what a person was telling them, unless it was in windowed mode.

Anyway.
    Im just pointing out that it can be hard to tell the difference between Ghosting (mostly over vent in this case) and Cheating.

Peace, im going to bed.

2. Default

I've always understood the GG server to be under a "no camping policy." Yet several of the admins there camp pretty regularly, then get mad when other players do it. The only reference I saw to camping in your rules was V.1.B though. So was my understanding mistaken, or is this an inadvertent omission?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [B337u5]Wilford Brimley View Post
    Yet several of the admins there camp pretty regularly, then get mad when other players do it.
    Um... what admins are you referring to? I know this statement is completely false for the majority of the gg admins... so I'm just curious

4. Default

The ones I see doing it most often are Virtus and Nemesis. I've noticed it before with others but they're the two biggies.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [B337u5]Wilford Brimley View Post
    The ones I see doing it most often are Virtus and Nemesis. I've noticed it before with others but they're the two biggies.
    lol you're kidding right?

6. Default

I still think the idea of camping on gg is a joke. The maps are small and if they are camping they are usually in the same spot and therefore are a free kill. In other words camping is of no overall advantage on gg verses any other strategy. The only thing I can say is that players should not be trying to delay the game. It if a different story when they are just trying not to get killed and run the clock down when there is still like 1:30 left verses getting a position.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I still think the idea of camping on gg is a joke. The maps are small and if they are camping they are usually in the same spot and therefore are a free kill. In other words camping is of no overall advantage on gg verses any other strategy. The only thing I can say is that players should not be trying to delay the game. It if a different story when they are just trying not to get killed and run the clock down when there is still like 1:30 left verses getting a position.
    Yea, plus the objective of gg is to get as many kills as possible. kdr may be important in pubs, but the number of kills is more important in gg (although for most people more kills = better kdr anyway)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yea, plus the objective of gg is to get as many kills as possible. kdr may be important in pubs, but the number of kills is more important in gg (although for most people more kills = better kdr anyway)
    Hodgie, my KDR has been dropping because you haven't been joining when I am playing lately...

The thing that pisses me off the most is when both players accept the knife vote... then when the counter starts, one of the player starts running away to waste the time of everyone watching. A lot of you faggot mother fuckers are guilty of this. GET THE SHIT OVER WITH ALREADY. ESP YOU ADMINS, STOP FUCKIN WASTING OUR TIME. If non admins do it, you use your commands on the players, but when the admins do it, nothing can be done.

Quite homo if you ask me.

PEW PEW PEW™

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    B) Name hacking

a) When used to create an identical name

i) This is automatically applied to people using the name unconnected. They are copying each others names and should be stopped even if there is only one.

b) When used to create and invisible name
    c) When used to create the name of an admin or clan member
    Zero I have a question about this. Lately I've seen multiple people at night in GG and ZM, mostly at night having the same name. Then the mic spamming starts and I don't know how to figure out who is doing the spamming. Both players were on the same team, both spammed the mic, but a third player with the same name and same team wasn't doing anything. in this situation what would be the correct thing to do??
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TURTLES View Post
    Hodgie, my KDR has been dropping because you haven't been joining when I am playing lately...
    The shitty DSL internet that my landlady has setup has been crappin out a lot lately. It's frustrating to play gg and get disconnected when you're on pistols or whatever. I've also been getting the itch to play in pub so I've been doin that... it doesn't really matter if i get disconnect there.

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TURTLES View Post
    The thing that pisses me off the most is when both players accept the knife vote... then when the counter starts, one of the player starts running away to waste the time of everyone watching. A lot of you faggot mother fuckers are guilty of this. GET THE SHIT OVER WITH ALREADY. ESP YOU ADMINS, STOP FUCKIN WASTING OUR TIME. If non admins do it, you use your commands on the players, but when the admins do it, nothing can be done.

Quite homo if you ask me.
    cough... Virtus... cough

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    Zero I have a question about this. Lately I've seen multiple people at night in GG and ZM, mostly at night having the same name. Then the mic spamming starts and I don't know how to figure out who is doing the spamming. Both players were on the same team, both spammed the mic, but a third player with the same name and same team wasn't doing anything. in this situation what would be the correct thing to do??
    I'll try and help out since Zero has mentioned that he's backed up with exams... hopefully i don't get yelled at for making up rules
    In the past I think admins have either muted all of the players with the same name and then unmuted them one at a time until the one that's being obnoxious is heard or they do it the other way and mute first one then two etc until the noise goes away... then the problematic one is the last one you muted.