Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: General Server Rules 1.8

i may have missed it(im a little slow sometimes,lol), but what about cade breaking?

2. Default

Barricade breaking is in the ZM's server rules.. I believe you just have to go in-game and type !rules.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Yah, barricade breaking, killing teammates with the nade glitch or map objects, or any other novel technique to screw over your fellow players falls into the big gray area of disrespecting other players.

We're all here to have fun. If you're only on the server to have fun at other's expense (aside from killing your opponent), expect an admin to be smacking you around.

4. Default

i remember we used to nade glitch admins because they make us play bad map thursday i remember the good times

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    i remember we used to nade glitch admins because they make us play bad map thursday i remember the good times
    the good old days! lol
    Do not pass judgement on me for the things that i have done. Judge me for the things i have yet to do.

6. Default

one thing i'm wondering... i diddent read the whole thread mind u, is what the hell is up with banning fast zombies on escape maps. dont get me wrong, i do understand that they are fast and can kill an escape map very fast. but if you dont want ppl to use em, delete the class. i would rather use a classic zombie than get banned for something retarded as that.

also, if that suggestion doesnt get u, then take down one of the less popular servers and make an escape server only... without fast zombies. then we all dont have to get mad when everyone spams 1 or 2 and we get a gay zombie escape map.

7. Default

It isn't a rule, but the admins are trying to make it more fair for humans on escape maps. Though I can't say I agree with them, because I've proven to them that you can survive on most escape maps against fast zombies. I even proved it on train escape.

It's a lot like a common courtesy to not be a fast zombie on an escape map though, just as it is a common courtesy to ztele out of a barricade if your the first zombie. But I certainly hope they aren't banning people for it.

The owner of the servers will be able to modify what classes are allowed depending on what map we play to make it more fair for humans, but I wouldn't expect to see that for awhile. At least until the maker of Zombie Mod comes out with the next update.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

making rules on the fly in this game is like playn hide and go seek with an a.d.d. kid changing the rules all the damn time. if its gonna be a "ban-able offense" even for 5 minutes, then it should be an official rule, none of this on the fly or admin preference bullshit.

9. Default

Banning for being a fast on an escape is going a little too far.

I'll usually make a votequestion asking if fast zombies should be frozen, and depending on the vote I'd go spec and freeze any I see.

But banning is excessive and I agree with Mister Tickle.

10. Default

A bit of ZM history for you..

About a day after the escape map Mines of Moria came out, all of the regulars wanted to check it out. Hobo (One of the admins at the time, before he went off to college) decided that the fast zombies were incredibly unfair, and everyone pretty much agreed to changing their class off the fast zombie, including me. Though as time went on, new admins and newcomers came, and they pretty much followed along with the same concept, except now it was enforced by freezing, because some of the newcomers were midgety things that didn't know how to read and could barely speak.

But that's good that you aren't banning people for it.. I remember I was nearly banned for it on my alternate account trying to see what the admins would do if I ran past them all as a fast zombie and closed the gate on them in Jurassic Park.

Was actually quite funny..