Thread: Network Update on 9/26

1. Arrow Network Update on 9/26

SoftLayer Engineers will be conducting maintenance on the transport network that provides connectivity between the WDC01 datacenter and the Equinix facility in Ashburn. During this window, Engineers will be migrating a number of transport circuits from existing gear to new dark fiber gear. Once complete, this new system will allow SoftLayer to scale capacity between these sites from the existing 60 Gbps limit to well over 800 Gbps if required.

This should also in theory mean lower ping too.

So we may have some down time but it will give us some nice performance boosts.

2. Default

Goodie
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    SoftLayer Engineers will be conducting maintenance on the transport network that provides connectivity between the WDC01 datacenter and the Equinix facility in Ashburn. During this window, Engineers will be migrating a number of transport circuits from existing gear to new dark fiber gear. Once complete, this new system will allow SoftLayer to scale capacity between these sites from the existing 60 Gbps limit to well over 800 Gbps if required.

This should also in theory mean lower ping too.

So we may have some down time but it will give us some nice performance boosts.
    lower ping? yes!!! now i can lower my exorbitantly low ping even lower!!!

4. Default

When does anything ever going according to plan with the servers Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    lower ping? yes!!! now i can lower my exorbitantly low ping even lower!!!
    shut your whore mouth!