Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disputable situations in GG?

1. Question Disputable situations in GG?

hey, so i have a few of situations that i need advice on ;

1- a guy slays a another person MANY rounds after u've TKed them (say from nade or other level for ex, and then TK u when u hit nade)
    can u punish such ppl ? and how?

2- someone deliberately leaves the server and comes back to get to a higher level, thus avoiding all the shitty guns and exceeding other ppl who EARNED those levels?

3- Someone who deliberately joins at the end of game, to get the lv 15 handicap and win the game, then LEAVE and do the same thing every time? (assume its recorded)

4- Someone who is deliberately TRYING to get knifed or naded to help another friend, or simply being a douche? believe it,,,that shit happened before... (-.-)

Some people would call out to me asking me to deal with those ppl, while other ppl insist that if i punish them, then i'm power hungry...
    would appreciate SERIOUS answers only from ADMINS or CLANS. thank you.
    Last edited by CYBER; 09-26-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

1. That is full of bullshit. If that happens I slay the person who held onto that menu for that long.

2. people who rejoin to bypass levels is a bannable offense.

3. if you can record it then yes ban em for bypass leveling.

4. thats as bad as ghosting imo, idk what to do about that

3. Default

1) perfectly acceptable. nothing at all in the rules against it.

2) bannable

3) prove it, bannable

4) bannable
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

The rules need to be amended for this or else you don't really have any reason to ban for 2-3.

1 I don't understand.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    The rules need to be amended for this or else you don't really have any reason to ban for 2-3.

1 I don't understand.
    essentially, i accidentally kill you. you don't slay, forgive, etc for like, 10 rounds, and slay me when i get to nade.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

1- If you don't want this to happen then put a time limit on the window so it goes away after 20 seconds, until then i can use it whenever i want

2-3 this get's tricky, when are you allowed to tell someone when they can and cannot connect to a server, they're not avoiding a mute, they're simply leaving, then coming back. unless they admit what they're doing, trying to prove it is impossible, all they would have to say is they were trying to get into another server but couldn't so they came back.

4- that should be along the same lines as communicating and ghosting with a friend. should this also apply to someone trying to jump on a nade or get tk'd so they can slay someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    1) perfectly acceptable. nothing at all in the rules against it.

2) bannable

3) prove it, bannable

4) bannable
    thx for the responses everyone , i nearly had to bring james into gg that time to settle that debate that occured (players names not to be mentionned), and so i figured i'd post here to see if the rules are pro or against punishing such actions...
    yeah, i know there arent any rules against it , thats why am asking , i personally find it kinda douchy (not illegal) to slay a guy after an accidental TK... for all u know that person can just be running in front of ur shots or on ur nade level, getting killed intentionally at beginning of game and then slay ur ass later... kinda abusing the slay command imo...

xmas, so about 2 and 3 , they arent bannable YET? until added to the rule book?

nem, i have to agree on ur last point, so far its been fun to tell ppl "jump on his nade and slay em! " but last night it was getting ridiculous and the game just wouldnt end for an hour!!!, and it was gg_funtimes for crying out loud!
    -.-
    so..admins + clans, anyone else wants to add their opinion?

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

... So basically you want to punish people for being creative with their use of mani admin, and creative with how they use the servers balancing players who join late function? Seriously ... Its not like when they leave and come back they are anywhere close to winning... and on that note if the player sucks bad enough that they must leave and come back to get past a level then why are you worried about them winning the map?
    << smallest violin in the world playing my heart bleeds for you

Edit to add: So if you are just gnawing at the bit to get a chance to use your admin commands, why dont you go hang out in zombie mod? I hear there is plenty to do there.
    Last edited by jssaylor2007; 09-28-2010 at 12:41 PM.

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jssaylor2007 View Post
    ... So basically you want to punish people for being creative with their use of mani admin, and creative with how they use the servers balancing players who join late function? Seriously ... Its not like when they leave and come back they are anywhere close to winning... and on that note if the player sucks bad enough that they must leave and come back to get past a level then why are you worried about them winning the map?
    << smallest violin in the world playing my heart bleeds for you

Edit to add: So if you are just gnawing at the bit to get a chance to use your admin commands, why dont you go hang out in zombie mod? I hear there is plenty to do there.
    i use my admin powers the way its intended to be. i mean i can solve my own situation myself when that happens, but am just confirming with ppl so that ppl dont harass my ass for being strict on the BS.
    and about the leave/rejoin thing, im only asking bcos i read on the forums before it was bannable, i dnt really care about the noobs rejoining, i honestly wish i could do it myself and avoid that shitty m249 and autosnipes at first...
    YET i dnt bcos its not fair to ppl who actually got the shots right...but my concern is not about the fail players rejoining, its people that i KNOW are gd, but only have concerns about winning rather than playing the game... i have ppl hanging out EACH MAP in spec for a while, until the scores are higher, before they join and get the handicap...and its people who usually go 26-3 or smthn... nweays... its the clan's opinion, not mine.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    1- If you don't want this to happen then put a time limit on the window so it goes away after 20 seconds, until then i can use it whenever i want

2-3 this get's tricky, when are you allowed to tell someone when they can and cannot connect to a server, they're not avoiding a mute, they're simply leaving, then coming back. unless they admit what they're doing, trying to prove it is impossible, all they would have to say is they were trying to get into another server but couldn't so they came back.

4- that should be along the same lines as communicating and ghosting with a friend. should this also apply to someone trying to jump on a nade or get tk'd so they can slay someone?
    I think Nem has the best response on this one. Tech 1-3 while annoying are not against the rules.
    While a few may exploit this it wouldn't be fair to punish someone with connection problems or who just happened to join the round late.

Now if someone is clearly abusing and does the same thing several maps in a row then take care of it. I dont want all new admins to think that anyone who joins late or re connects is breaking the rules or we will have more mass bannings on our hands. I would also ask if you do ban someone for 2-3 that it be a short ban like an hour no crazy week bans.

Sometimes I will leave mid round to go to the bathroom or have a smoke break (Sometimes I wont sit in spec if the server is full because I want to allow someone else to join while I'm not playing)
    when I come back I will re join (and if the round is taking forever I will come back with extra levels).

4 Is clearly a violation but only if they admit to it or its blatantly obvious.
    Last edited by Vladninja; 09-29-2010 at 11:00 AM.