Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waltz

1. Default Waltz

Ok so I'm playing on the gg server with my rates set at 30000 66 66.

I was asked by `perry the platypus | ibis.a to change them to 30000 100 100 I questioned why as the OB updates to source mean all servers are 66 tick, he protested this saying theres a server command for 100 tick. I then changed my rates to the requested. I then proceded to ask what this command was as I read all the css updates as soon as they come out so i kinda knew that it didnt exsist.

I then asked him again as he didnt respond then others on the server jumped in arguing with me that i should just listen and not argue. I explained that I had complied with the add me and simply wanted to know why I needed to change my rates.

I feel that the ban was uncalled for, as I had applied the rate changes and then was banned for simply asking a question.

Thanks for you time

Waltz

You were banned for arguing with an admin and disrupting gameplay. it was a day ban.

I have Carina, Ketchup, Fagner (i know thats not much lol), and other regulars there to witness that he would not let the arguement subside. the server is 100 tick, i mean for fucks sake it says so in the server name.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by waltz View Post
    I feel that the ban was uncalled for, as I had applied the rate changes and then was banned for simply asking a question.
    uncalled for?? LOL
    You didnt get banned for asking a question, you where arguing, and for a long time.. You got banned for the way you talked and the way you talked i would have banned you for longer then what Perry did..
    And next time, dont start arguing with an admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish :3 View Post
    well if you'd be having a pool party with the other clan member and admins, and the rest of the community would be invited, people would start leaving soon, because they don't like being called niggers, or whores, or assholes, or even being banned from the pool cuz they swim faster, by people in charge that can't stand it if someone else wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Why do we not start with solarsoul's response and then follow it up with a flame war so it fits the trend of the other threads lol.

4. Default

Seriously? Damn guys why dont we all take our panties out of our ass and learn to get along? Perry why argue in the first place? You dont know shit about rates, and Waltz why argue if you know you are right? You knew perry was an admin, and you were fighting a losing battle.

IMHO retarted situation all the way around, and perry did you forget there was a mute command?

Seriously....

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

Quote Originally Posted by jssaylor2007 View Post
    Seriously? Damn guys why dont we all take our panties out of our ass and learn to get along? Perry why argue in the first place? You dont know shit about rates, and Waltz why argue if you know you are right? You knew perry was an admin, and you were fighting a losing battle.

IMHO retarted situation all the way around, and perry did you forget there was a mute command?

Seriously....
    arguing wasn't the only problem, he refused to change his rates. just come back in a day with your correct rates, its that simple

i know enough about rates to get by.

and yes he did change it. I suppose i could have muted him. whatever he has like 12 hours left on his ban. leave it be

7. Default

All I'm trying to say is that by being an admin, you are held to a somewhat higher standard, and when you sit there and argue with players, and allow them to set you off, you make yourself look like a hotheaded fool. As an admin you are responsible for diffusing situations, not causing them. Most intelligent thing to do here would have been mute the player, and if he attempts to circumvent the mute then ban him. Then at least you give the impression of being responsible.

But honestly anything more than an hour ban seems a little rediculous for what sounds like an argument along the lines of, "I'm right," "No I'm right!"

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

8. Default

i'm just gonna say that they are 100 tick.

fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jssaylor2007 View Post
    All I'm trying to say is that by being an admin, you are held to a somewhat higher standard, and when you sit there and argue with players, and allow them to set you off, you make yourself look like a hotheaded fool. As an admin you are responsible for diffusing situations, not causing them. Most intelligent thing to do here would have been mute the player, and if he attempts to circumvent the mute then ban him. Then at least you give the impression of being responsible.

But honestly anything more than an hour ban seems a little rediculous for what sounds like an argument along the lines of, "I'm right," "No I'm right!"
    +10.

Someone explain to me the importance of rates and why this player was forced to use 100. What was the point of that? Just so I get everyone's opinion and outlook on that..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    +10.

Someone explain to me the importance of rates and why this player was forced to use 100. What was the point of that? Just so I get everyone's opinion and outlook on that..
    they'll run smoother, and won't display as much lag to the other players.

i believe that if they're set for a crappier setting, it might manifest as lag to the others. plus i believe it's easier on the server for them to be set right.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?