Thread: seriouysly this is frustrating...

Default seriouysly this is frustrating...

..so every game i have on my computer.. worked fine this morning...

heeres the story.. PLEASE HELP!

My compy worked perfectly fie earlier today this morning about 5 am. I left for work leaving my computer on, when i got hoem i kicked my boots off poped my inch 1/2 wide blodd blister on my ankle and laid in bed to find that NONE of my passwords on any site were pre logged in like i usally do.. even IBIS ws logged out. i thought i t was strange but it sometimes happens

i have been using a dual monitor set up for some time and never had trouble, i keep my TASK manager open on my lap top screen and use my TV for everything else. i noticed my computer was running at 100% even when doing nothing so i checked prcesses and found that AVG had like 10 exe files called AVGCMR.exe running "prevelence monitor?"

and another one called conhost.exe that had like 12 going.

every time i tried to load a game up it would loud then minimize and i coundlnt maximize it any more..

WTF IS GOING ON.. i cant load ANY game without it minimizing every time i try to mazimize it

2. Default

Try rebooting....

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

A legit file from AVG AV... did it stop after u rebooted? If not then restore to last system point.

Might have been blocking an intruder *shrug* or a stuck program
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

4. Default

sounds like a virus do you have AVG anti virus. Most viruses will go under false names as an antivirus. i would d the restore point thing and see if it stops. Most Viruses are set to attack after a period of time in hibernation.

5. Default

Probably a virus or spyware you need to run spybot search and destroy to remove spybots.

my comop is working normal now, i rebooted it, an those EXE stopped running so much.

but tbh.. i think i over looked the issue... my CD drive was open LOLOLOLOLOL

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    my comop is working normal now, i rebooted it, an those EXE stopped running so much.

but tbh.. i think i over looked the issue... my CD drive was open LOLOLOLOLOL
    CD open not gonna do anything derogatory to a system. What I said, and what Mag + Zero said are the likely culprits.

U are running AVG AV and that's fine as it's a decent prog as long as you don't depend on it for TOTAL anti spy ware. Run Spybot or SAS, depends on your preference, and IMO DL the new 2011 version of AVG as it's gotten better.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>