Thread: [fix texture PLEASE] gg_glass_tank_x

1. Default [fix texture PLEASE] gg_glass_tank_x

gg_glass_tank_x.jpg

ok so the new glass tank fixes the issue with the difficulty of walking in between the invisible walls on the old version...but SERIOUSLY xmas? instead of fixing it , all u did was gay it up -.-
    whats with the rainbow love colors? and the clouds and stuff?...
    nways, am not complaining on its gainess but more about the visibility, it fuckign gives ppl a headache to navigate through the flashy poppy colors...

NOTE: the picture xmas posted in his "replace" thread does not illustrate the real textures in game...

that pic can only be seen when u're dead and zoomed out of the map (which THEN becomes acceptable) ... THAT texture is ok, the simple one posted in pic... not the luminated, flashy and rainbowy one... (is that even a word?)

BOTTOM LINE: too much colors! stick to one, blue is the easiest on the eyes...what u COULD just do is reduce the transparency of the walls maybe?... and remove the clouds/space effect...confusing much as is.
    nways, nice try tho xmas.
    Last edited by CYBER; 09-28-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    gg_glass_tank_x.jpg

ok so the new glass tank fixes the issue with the difficulty of walking in between the invisible walls on the old version...but SERIOUSLY xmas? instead of fixing it , all u did was gay it up -.-
    whats with the rainbow love colors? and the clouds and stuff?...
    nways, am not complaining on its gainess but more about the visibility, it fuckign gives ppl a headache to navigate through the flashy poppy colors...

NOTE: the picture xmas posted in his "replace" thread does not illustrate the real textures in game...

that pic can only be seen when u're dead and zoomed out of the map (which THEN becomes acceptable) ... THAT texture is ok, the simple one posted in pic... not the luminated, flashy and rainbowy one... (is that even a word?)

BOTTOM LINE: too much colors! stick to one, blue is the easiest on the eyes...what u COULD just do is reduce the transparency of the walls maybe?... and remove the clouds/space effect...confusing much as is.
    nways, nice try tho xmas.
    The textures are the exact same in my screenshot.

And I don't know how a skybox is confusing to you. It was a shitty map regardless and at least now you can see where you are going.

Finally I'm not making any more gg maps for awhile, if ever again. ZERO takes too long adding them, some of the maps magically don't load up in the server (that is a server-side problem), and the people who play the game would rather bitch and rtv constantly at almost any map that doesn't take less than 10 minutes to finish.

In other words, I don't enjoy making the maps for gg so I choose not to make them.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    The textures are the exact same in my screenshot.

And I don't know how a skybox is confusing to you. It was a shitty map regardless and at least now you can see where you are going.

Finally I'm not making any more gg maps for awhile, if ever again. ZERO takes too long adding them, some of the maps magically don't load up in the server (that is a server-side problem), and the people who play the game would rather bitch and rtv constantly at almost any map that doesn't take less than 10 minutes to finish.

In other words, I don't enjoy making the maps for gg so I choose not to make them.
    u do realise that i wasnt bitchin against u right?
    i was simply implying that u sometimes waste too much of ur time on shitty maps like that, instead of working on ur own creations !
    i hear u , i hate it too when ppl dnt give a chance to a new map...but i dnt think u should give up making maps just bcos of that:P its like someone leaving the game bcos someone is raping their ass in game! but thx for the try tho.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    u do realise that i wasnt bitchin against u right?
    i was simply implying that u sometimes waste too much of ur time on shitty maps like that, instead of working on ur own creations !
    i hear u , i hate it too when ppl dnt give a chance to a new map...but i dnt think u should give up making maps just bcos of that:P its like someone leaving the game bcos someone is raping their ass in game! but thx for the try tho.
    I know you weren't bitching.

I'm just saying what people consider a "good map" in gg is different than what people would consider a "good map" in pub, wcs, zm, jb, etc.

The maps that I take little time and have no interest in are somehow liked by the gg community (marble), while others are considered too complicated that I enjoyed working on and took some time to do (complex_x).

I've been involved in a mapping community for another server so I've mainly focused my attention to them. I get feedback for maps that I am in the process of making and I also have a test server for the specific mods to put my maps in and have tested. Nothing against IBIS, but they just give me more to work with on that front.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I know you weren't bitching.

I'm just saying what people consider a "good map" in gg is different than what people would consider a "good map" in pub, wcs, zm, jb, etc.

The maps that I take little time and have no interest in are somehow liked by the gg community (marble), while others are considered too complicated that I enjoyed working on and took some time to do (complex_x).

I've been involved in a mapping community for another server so I've mainly focused my attention to them. I get feedback for maps that I am in the process of making and I also have a test server for the specific mods to put my maps in and have tested. Nothing against IBIS, but they just give me more to work with on that front.
    I like complex X however, it is too big for GG. I really wanted it to work, but people always RTV off, rightfully so. WCS would be a good spot for it though.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

I played it last night and it was fun and I had a good time. Also leave the maps subform just for actual map adjustments that can be physically made at the time of posting. Such as adding, removing or replacing a map. Changing textures is not something I can do so post that in the general gg forum.

7. Default

I played it last night and it was fun and I had a good time. Also leave the maps subform just for actual map adjustments that can be physically made at the time of posting. Such as adding, removing or replacing a map. Changing textures is not something I can do so post that in the general gg forum.
    will do! thanks for the feedback, i thought THAT was the gg general cathegory tho:P

8. Default

love the xmas maps some need some work and some are a lil to big but i disagree about complex bein to big its a great map and we always play it i think it works well but if a knife vote comes up it should be manditory to knife on that map or else then it will take forever ;p but the maps are great christmas keep up the good work ;p