Thread: just a thought about bans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default just a thought about bans

It seems that some people are having trouble telling the difference between a good player and wall hacks. i've seen many people get banned that were obviously not hacking, that still aren't unbanned.

what if in order to ban a wall hacker, a demo had to be provided before the ban, and zero made the decision. that way no innocent people get banned and stay that way for days, ultimately turning them off from ibis servers.

the only stipulation would be that the demos would surely have to have sb_status (even though they already should) so that a ban could be issued later if found evident of hacking.

thoughts?

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    It seems that some people are having trouble telling the difference between a good player and wall hacks. i've seen many people get banned that were obviously not hacking, that still aren't unbanned.

what if in order to ban a wall hacker, a demo had to be provided before the ban, and zero made the decision. that way no innocent people get banned and stay that way for days, ultimately turning them off from ibis servers.

the only stipulation would be that the demos would surely have to have sb_status (even though they already should) so that a ban could be issued later if found evident of hacking.

thoughts?
    agreed.

although a great idea, no one would ever be banned. Zero would take forever

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    although a great idea, no one would ever be banned. Zero would take forever
    as opposed to people always getting banned and then having to wait forever to become unbanned? It's a lose, lose really. I would rather deal with a waller than know that there are perfectly legit players that are banned and nothing is done about it.

I'm not talking about aimbotters here. The aimbotters are obvious and there is usually no question as to what hack they are using, but walling is something that takes more observation and should take more than one opinion before a ban is issued.

5. Default

as opposed to people always getting banned and then having to wait forever to become unbanned? It's a lose, lose really. I would rather deal with a waller than know that there are perfectly legit players that are banned and nothing is done about it.

I'm not talking about aimbotters here. The aimbotters are obvious and there is usually no question as to what hack they are using, but walling is something that takes more observation and should take more than one opinion before a ban is issued.
    Don't rely on zero for feedback, having one point of failure is a bad idea. I think it's quite a good thought, but instead of submitting it to zero, put it in the Ban Requests forum with a demo. Wait for people to weigh in, then impose it.

(We can ban steamid's when they're not on the server, right?)
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

6. Default

...why don't people simply learn what a wall-hack looks like?

it's retarded to put more steps in the process, since it will just fuck shit up. instead, people have to learn what hacks look like before doing shit
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Don't rely on zero for feedback, having one point of failure is a bad idea. I think it's quite a good thought, but instead of submitting it to zero, put it in the Ban Requests forum with a demo. Wait for people to weigh in, then impose it.

(We can ban steamid's when they're not on the server, right?)
    Actually there currently isn't a way to ban people while they are not on the server, because mani admin plugin doesnt allow you to add a ban to the server unless they are on the server, now thats not to say that zero could possibly customize mani admin plugin a little bit and add a command that can add a ban while a person isn't on the server and the only other way to add a ban to the server w/o them being on the server is through the server files by just adding the steamid, ip, etc....

Also, just to commant on Ownzs' suggestion that would be agood idea as Rage said and they way things are right now is the best because there is really no other way that would be better because even if we were to change the way bans are added than that still means there will always be a process to get someone either banned or unbanned from a server and could take an even longer time to get unbanned if there are only a few people that can issue an unban, no offence Ownz

8. Default

thoughts?
    I like owns Idea but it is flawed to wait for zero
    So i propose this:
    Person can not be banned till least 3 to 5 admins have actually watched the demo.
    Secondly many of you say you cant ban someone from a server without them being in game......
    THATS NOT EXACTLY TRUE

There is a list of commands you can use. Though I have not tried them all to verify if they work.
    Code:
    ma_aban_name
    ma_aban_pname

ma_akick_ip
    ma_akick_name
    ma_akick_pname
    ma_akick_steam
    ma_ashow_ip
    ma_ashow_name
    ma_ashow_pname
    ma_ashow_steam

ma_ban
    ma_banip

ma_unauto_ip
    ma_unauto_name
    ma_unauto_pname
    ma_unauto_steam
    ma_unban
    ma_akick_steam <steamID>
    This will autokick anyone who tries to join a server with that ID

ma_ashow_steam
    Shows whos on the list to be Autokicked

ma_unauto_steam <steamID>
    This takes them off.

Not sure if ma_aban works.

Zero could easily add these to mani in-game menu system.
    Anyways I like the idea of not banning until Least 3 people have overlooked the Demo, Unless its a extremely obvious hax.

9. Default

ive only had 1 ban overturned since ive played on ibis...... just watch your shit, if you arnt sure ask somebody else... thats what the ban request thread is for...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    ive only had 1 ban overturned since ive played on ibis...... just watch your shit, if you arnt sure ask somebody else... thats what the ban request thread is for...
    People should, but they don't. They assume they know what a hack looks like and just do what they want.