Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: picked up new series

1. Default picked up new series

Well, now that i've finished Gundam Wing, (incredible btw, but not quite as much as i had been led to believe), i watched Evangelion again, and went looking for another series to watch. I started off on Macross Frontier where i left off (SO PRETY!) but then stumbled over this little gem:

Innocent Venus

Imagine code geass, except more realistic, in a post-apocalyptic setting. The best way i can describe it is actually Code Geass crossed with appleseed. The general structure of the world is the same as code geass, and the world is more believable as in appleseed (since lets face it, appleseed's more believable than CG).

In Japan, after several simultaneous hyper-hurricanes decimate most of the world (think 8-billion to 3-billion people overnight) japan is one of the quickest to recover. eventually, they are taken over by the newly formed AU (asian union). Japan consists of several economic zones. these zones are essentially civilization (like midgard in ff7 or olympus from appleseed) and all around them poverty flourishes. there exists a special forces group known as PHANTOM that is tasked with ensuring that the people outide the oznes remain there, and don't ever threaten the zones.

It's a great semi-mecha show and short, at only 12 episodes. great pick for a quick watch
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Watch HighSchool of the Dead.

It's amazingggggg.
    Deprodigy Approves This Message!

(delete and be banned)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

"It’s easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission."
    - Proverb

"Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Become who you are."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Dennis Waitley

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    Watch HighSchool of the Dead.

It's amazingggggg.
    i probably will in a few weeks. i stopped innocent venus halfway through, it just got kina boring. now i'm watching soul eater.

i hate Soul'd japanese voice, but i also hate blackstar's english voice.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

Wait for all the blue rays to be released ( I thnk the last one is in febuary) the censorship is jarring at times

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Wait for all the blue rays to be released ( I thnk the last one is in febuary) the censorship is jarring at times
    ???

what? i watch it on animefreak.tv

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ???

what? i watch it on animefreak.tv
    They dont stream/televise uncensored. so there is no way animefreak has it uncesored, besides why go for some illigal streaming site? download from the fansubs or watch things off of the funi site/crunchyroll/hulu (I dont link crunchroll though)

7. Default

They dont stream/televise uncensored. so there is no way animefreak has it uncesored, besides why go for some illigal streaming site? download from the fansubs or watch things off of the funi site/crunchyroll/hulu (I dont link crunchroll though)
    animefreak.tv gets them from fansubs.

i normally use animeseason, but they don't have souleater.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    animefreak.tv gets them from fansubs.

i normally use animeseason, but they don't have souleater.
    I know they do, but megavideo sucks

9. Default

I know they do, but megavideo sucks
    i never watch via megavideo. always ALWAYS pick an option that's not megavideo (veoh kicks ass)

videoweed is good too.

10. Default

Veoh does kick ass but watching an h.264 720p(or 1080 depending on the rip) video is so much nicer then some compressed as hell flash "720p" video no mater how you look at it.