Well, now that i've finished Gundam Wing, (incredible btw, but not quite as much as i had been led to believe), i watched Evangelion again, and went looking for another series to watch. I started off on Macross Frontier where i left off (SO PRETY!) but then stumbled over this little gem:

Innocent Venus

Imagine code geass, except more realistic, in a post-apocalyptic setting. The best way i can describe it is actually Code Geass crossed with appleseed. The general structure of the world is the same as code geass, and the world is more believable as in appleseed (since lets face it, appleseed's more believable than CG).

In Japan, after several simultaneous hyper-hurricanes decimate most of the world (think 8-billion to 3-billion people overnight) japan is one of the quickest to recover. eventually, they are taken over by the newly formed AU (asian union). Japan consists of several economic zones. these zones are essentially civilization (like midgard in ff7 or olympus from appleseed) and all around them poverty flourishes. there exists a special forces group known as PHANTOM that is tasked with ensuring that the people outide the oznes remain there, and don't ever threaten the zones.

It's a great semi-mecha show and short, at only 12 episodes. great pick for a quick watch