Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lost my Job!

1. Unhappy Lost my Job!

Sucks i get out of class and listen to my voicemail yesterday this is what i hear.

Josh, this is Bob Shyver we have made the decision to terminate your employment with Teknetix you can pick up your last check friday after 3:00pm.

when i call them to ask them why it is they let me go the response i recieve is even worse. they say they are an at will employer and they do not need a reason to fire an employee so therefore they dont need to respond to my question.
    2 weeks ago i requested to be moved from full time employment to part time because college started again and they agreed to it so i was put on evening shift.

the only reason i can come up with is i was 2 days away from a year of employment with them. with that year i would have got a full weeks vacation. so i concluded that they fired me because they did not want to pay out for vacation, but im going to argue with unemployment to try and receive compensation for it.

the great thing about it is now i can get paid and just go to school. also i was head of my department and i was the only one who knew how to build and assemble everything needed in my area, so they are going to be out of money in my area for at least 3 months while they train and certify someone to replace me. which means each week my department doesnt ship is a week they dont make the 68k they had been making. im so glad they never had me train anyone else because in my opinion they fucked me over.

dude I dont like you and that sucks im sorry.

but the good thing is unemployment checks will help until you can find another job.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    dude I dont like you and that sucks im sorry.

but the good thing is unemployment checks will help until you can find another job.
    Yep- does suck, but hopefully my unemployment will be a good supplement.

see if any of your previous competitors are looking for someone?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    see if any of your previous competitors are looking for someone?
    i have available jobs if i want full time but i need to get a part time job because of school.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoul View Post
    Sucks i get out of class and listen to my voicemail yesterday this is what i hear.

Josh, this is Bob Shyver we have made the decision to terminate your employment with Teknetix you can pick up your last check friday after 3:00pm.

when i call them to ask them why it is they let me go the response i recieve is even worse. they say they are an at will employer and they do not need a reason to fire an employee so therefore they dont need to respond to my question.
    2 weeks ago i requested to be moved from full time employment to part time because college started again and they agreed to it so i was put on evening shift.

the only reason i can come up with is i was 2 days away from a year of employment with them. with that year i would have got a full weeks vacation. so i concluded that they fired me because they did not want to pay out for vacation, but im going to argue with unemployment to try and receive compensation for it.

the great thing about it is now i can get paid and just go to school. also i was head of my department and i was the only one who knew how to build and assemble everything needed in my area, so they are going to be out of money in my area for at least 3 months while they train and certify someone to replace me. which means each week my department doesnt ship is a week they dont make the 68k they had been making. im so glad they never had me train anyone else because in my opinion they fucked me over.
    send them an email offering freelance work, since there's no-one else they have trained. and then charge them per-job 1.5x what they'd pay.
    ^_^ capitalism at work!
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    send them an email offering freelance work, since there's no-one else they have trained. and then charge them per-job 1.5x what they'd pay.
    ^_^ capitalism at work!
    i would but they wouldnt do that and its ok i hate soldiering the same three parts on a board 1000s of times a week and i hate builinding the shit to ship i hope they lose thier asses.

8. Default

i would but they wouldnt do that and its ok i hate soldiering the same three parts on a board 1000s of times a week and i hate builinding the shit to ship i hope they lose thier asses.
    were you unionized (or, was their shop unionized?)
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    were you unionized (or, was their shop unionized?)
    nope privatley owned company

10. Default

nope privatley owned company
    then legally you could approach the companies they dealt with directly if you felt so inclined. it wouldn't be going outside of any type of union restrictions, and they couldn't sue you for taking their clients if you approached them as an independent outside party. not saying it'd be fun, but more as a "just in case" option