i have a request to be un-permanently muted.

i was cs:s ibis pub # 1 when i went to buy an awp, and i said on mic, 'oh, awps are completely restricted?'. i used to believe that they allowed 1 awp per team, but i obviously mixed that up with other servers on my favorites.

upon asking this question, some player angrily* responded "yeah awps are for fucking faggots" to which i replied "that is an ignorant and retarded statement"

for the life of me, i cannot recall who it was who said that, but immediately, i received fervent responses via the microphone from several players, the only one that stood out that i can remember is "what's retarded is calling an admin retarded".

i then said, calmly as usual [ i was pretty high and docile at the time, like i always am, unlike the primitive apes howling on the mic in defense of the no-awp policy ], "i said the statement itself was retarded, not the person who said it". what happened after that was astonishing, at least 6 random players whom i cannot name exclaimed "ban this guy!" amongst other things.

after a mere few more calm statements trying to simply defend myself, and not offend anyone, i was muted - not the hoard of needlessly angry folk who were howling, shouting, mic spamming, calling names, cursing me out etc.

how am i supposed to be able to single out the voice of an admin amongst a half-dozen people talking on the mic at once - or to know who is an admin and who is not to begin with? it seems my statement was a simple impersonal disagreement with the angry comment, no matter who it was, essentially calling me a faggot in response to a simple mundane question about the server.

i was even shot at by a teammate the next round for having an opinion [ again, i'll mention how seemingly innocent and impersonal my question and comment were, a contrast to the angry, almost hateful responses i got in return ], so i TK'd him - he was jeopardizing my conflict with an enemy on cat - it was a 2 second deviation from trying to kill the T on cat - after i killed him he pretended that it was an accident. had i not killed him, i think he might just have tk'd me.

i know i am posting here as a plea to become un-muted - most of the time, i do enjoy talking with people in the server, but it seems at 'prime-time' for cs:s in the evening, the server is flooded with ignorant, opinionated, delusional, arrogant and obnoxious folk, not to mention admins who abuse the wrong people [ i observed quite a few - more than one - unnecessary slayings, when in fact, unbiased, the other person in that conflict was the one meriting punishment ].

if anything, along with my plea for being un-muted, i guess this is just a consciousness raiser, that perhaps admin abuse might be an issue? i have but a handful of servers on my favorites, this being one - which says a lot, i try to avoid conflict and childish bullshit as best as possible.

please understand that i mean no disrespect and, i would imagine, a forum is a good place to discuss such matters about one of your most visited favorite servers