Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Computer Problems!

1. Default New Computer Problems!

Installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a computer, and let's just say.. It isn't going well.

First off, Steam updates it's platform then closes, and the only sign I can see that it still exists is in the task bar it says "99%.. Updating." Doesn't get past that.

Then we have Skype, which just crashes when you try to open it.

Windows Live Messenger (Or Essentials as they're now calling it for some reason.. They need to seriously just go back to MSN..) won't connect..

I can browse the internet just fine, but even with all my Google powers, I can't figure this one out. I'm thinking of just downgrading back to a Vista OS.. Never had any trouble with Vista..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

windows 7 isnt the problem. something happened when you tried installing.

vista is crap btw

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a computer, and let's just say.. It isn't going well.

First off, Steam updates it's platform then closes, and the only sign I can see that it still exists is in the task bar it says "99%.. Updating." Doesn't get past that.

Then we have Skype, which just crashes when you try to open it.

Windows Live Messenger (Or Essentials as they're now calling it for some reason.. They need to seriously just go back to MSN..) won't connect..

I can browse the internet just fine, but even with all my Google powers, I can't figure this one out. I'm thinking of just downgrading back to a Vista OS.. Never had any trouble with Vista..
    Well like i told you I dont trust Free OS's via the internet. Windows 7 a good OS but the Messenger 2011 thing from essential is BS and pisses me off alot

4. Default

disable all your UAC things (not sure what they're called in 7)

it's possible that the system requires you to affirm that you want it to do certain actions (allow this network to connect, allow this software to download something, allow a windows component to do it's job...)

if that doesn't work, try going through safe mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

gotta figure out how to turn off these gosh damn messages that pop up every other page saying "this site isn't safe, review the certificate and wait 5 seconds while you decide if you really want to go to this site or not"

IT'S F***ING GOOGLE, LET ME IN!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Did you do a clean install?

Also before doing anything what I did was turn all the settings so that it looks like XP again so I know wtf is going on. Then disabled UAC after getting antivir up and running. Then have it set so that I do not need to manually run programs as administrator. Then enabled god mode (yes that is not a joke).

Attached is god mode, just place (after extracting) in your C:/ drive and run it to get access to everything.

Yes it looks like a folder but just click and drag it in there and you will understand when u use it.
    Attached Files

7. Default

Well I'm on my phone and my wifi keeps dying out so ill just post this here. I'm in Florida right now, what part of Florida are you in James?

8. Default

james is in florda? Ill be in orlando this weekend, im leaving like now

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

9. Default

He is in pensacola

"lol.. im surprised no one has called hacks on me recently....i have gotten better" - Perry

10. Default

Pensacola.

Turns out, it was a time anomaly.

It ripped a whole in the space time continuem and connected itself to the internet in the year 2080. Once I syncrinized it with our time, everything fixed itself.

Except now I have an sdfsdf Runtime Error: 10055 buffer overflow thing when I start it up. I think it was a virus, and I think I got rid of it..

Also, Zero, that reminds me of something called Unlocker, which is a program I'd use to delete files that normally wouldn't let me in the event that something was in use.