Thread: Time limit for certain maps

1. Default Time limit for certain maps

Hey guys and gals. Let me start by saying that I think shorter time limits on rounds is a good thing in most cases. On bomb maps, for sure this keeps it from becoming a camp fest and forces the T's to either take bomb sites or lose round after round. That being said, I do wish there was a way on certain hostage maps (Assault & Italy are both prime examples) that are tougher on CT's to lengthen the amount of given time to rescue. Especially on Assault. If CT's do not have a good team working together (which is most times in a pub, let's be honest) by the time a couple good players make it to and grab the hosties, there's not much time left for any kind of tactical escape.

So, the question is: Is it possible to set time limits PER map? If it is possible, maybe allow an extra 30 seconds or so on some of the tougher CS maps? If that's not possible, what is everyone's stance on adding an additional 30 seconds to the timer for all maps? I understand, this would lead to some camping, but I also feel like there's a good enough group of regulars in the pub that peer pressure and the current administration will keep the camping at a minimum. Just a thought I was having this morning. Wanted to see what others thought.

On every cs_ map I can think of, if its taking the CTs the whole round to get inside, their chances of winning are pretty much nil.

Especially on assault and italy. Sure, you can fight it out and trade frags down to the last second, but if you're going to actually WIN a round your ass is inside droppin muslims after a minute and a half, tops.

Adding 30 more seconds won't really tip the odds in CTs favor. The best way to even the scales is simply swapping a couple players around and giving out money. Once you have a feel for who's hot and who's not on a given night, evening the playing field isn't too tough. I always start with money after easy side goes up 0-4, but make sure you ONLY give money to the losing team. If it gets to 0-5 I'll swap one or two people (but never more than two, and never top-scorer). Nine times out of ten it makes for some really close italy matches, but assault is a little tougher.
    Last edited by dice; 02-15-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

3. Default

I agree with both of you.

I think that adding additional time to CS maps, especially Militia_nolag, would give the CTs a few more wins over time. To rescue the hostages on Militia you pretty much have to run out into the open like a fool and hope the awpers on top of the house don't pick you off. You don't have time to clear off the awpers before getting into the house, as you still have to clear out the house campers to get to the hostages leaving almost no time to get the hostages back safely. I find the only time that hostages get rescued on Militia is when the T's (retardedly) decide to camp back yard, which happens maybe once or twice, every 3 or 4 times on the map. But, as Dice brought up, if the CTs are a bunch of morons, no amount of additional time is going to help anyways. So, it's up to admins to spread the wealth AND Talent around equally.

What I find though, is most admins only go as far as to give out money and leave teams stacked especially when they're on the winning side. On CS maps the best way to win is to kill all the Ts before the time expires, and on DE maps it's to plant and defend the bomb.

To balance this out so that more hausages are being rescued would require adding a little more time, but most importantly reminding admins, that it's their responsibility to cut down on stacking along with passing out the coin.