Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Optional All Talk

1. Question Optional All Talk

I was thinking of making it so that all talk is always off but players can press a button and still be able to voice talk to the other team. They can also hear people on the other team that opt into all talk.

What do you think?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I was thinking of making it so that all talk is always off but players can press a button and still be able to voice talk to the other team. They can also hear people on the other team that opt into all talk.

What do you think?
    I'm always turning off alltalk in the pub.

3. Default

howabout a deidcated alltalk key? i've seen plenty of tf2 servers w/ this set up. like, normal voice is just your team, but if they hold in 'm', it's alltalk.
    Last edited by acolyte_to_jippity; 11-14-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: fml, the 'd' key is broken on my keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

I would agree with no alltalk. Most mic spammers don't join pub.

5. Default

I like this idea. I just like being able to talk to my teammates and strategize without having to type, or without having the enemy hear me

6. Default

pollo, you just like to talk period.

I have a key assigned to turn off alltalk now nearly everytime I'm in the pub. It's a rare occasion when I don't turn it off.

7. Default

ok, the voicetoggle is broken (it no longer gives a notification of what mode is activated) and I have lost the capability to shut off all talk manually!

This is frustrating!!!

8. Default

This mod, along with "rank/place/session/statsme" seems to break on occasion. Not sure exactly what is causing the break, but after the server crashes/gets restarted, the mods start working properly again.

It's especially annoying that the voice mod stops working yet the "Team Chat Enabled/All Talk Enabled" notifications still work, making you think the mod is still working.

On a side note, the reserve slot bug is probably the biggest issue on the server, as it causes everyone to suicide when it happens. Starting a match -1,1 isn't fun.

9. Default

I'd be cool with no all talk. It's especially annoying when an IBIS admin is on the pub screaming at everyone to be quiet because team chat is broken.

10. Default

It's especially annoying that the voice mod stops working yet the "Team Chat Enabled/All Talk Enabled" notifications still work, making you think the mod is still working.
    I don't even get the notifications anymore. It's just stopped working all together on my end.

I can't even turn off all-talk either which makes it worse. I lfeel like a powerless admin now in some ways.