Thread: Server Slay Glitch

1. Default Server Slay Glitch

Periodically, i.e.) several times a week, when the server changes maps it glitches and slays me as soon as I spawn.

It happened to me, again, yesterday. The server was changing maps and while it was changing I got booted from the server due to reserve slot restriction. When I refreshed the server it only had 15 people on, so I reconnected. As soon as I spawned, I was slayed. I've also had this happen without being fully disconnected from the server, but it only happens at the start of a new map.

I see this happening to other people all the time, several times a day.

It's no biggie, as it's not going to deter me from playing the server, but it is annoying.

2. Default

I've had this happen too. It says "slayed for joining the same team twice" or something like that

3. Default

it's cause you get kicked after loading the map, and you rejoin during the same round. it takes that as you playing the round twice, an slays you
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

its a curse

5. Default

its been removed...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    its been removed...
    why? it's what keeps people from playing the same round twice. i thought that was a good thing. it's different from what happened to you in zm tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    why? it's what keeps people from playing the same round twice. i thought that was a good thing. it's different from what happened to you in zm tonight
    ive never seen this become a problem in any regular cs server. although it is a problem in gg servers, there really is no need for this deterrent in normal cs.

8. Default

Would've happened again tonight, but instead I just didn't select my character until the spawn time limit ended and then spawned normally for round 2...no slay. I can learnz.

9. Default

Actually I am going to enable a kac function that just blocks the join instead of killing them.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Actually I am going to enable a kac function that just blocks the join instead of killing them.
    Just and FYI, it will cause players to disconnect due to the slot restriction even when there's less than 20 currently playing. It only happens occasionally though.