Thread: 480/HDMI/AUDIO Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default 480/HDMI/AUDIO Help

I have searched endlessly through google and nvidia faqs but nothing seems to address the problem I am having.

My old mother board had an optical output (which was so awesome 5.1 surround). I buy home theater sound systems so it was nice that it an optical input. So when I bought my new mother board it had the so called HD audio input but it was HD for computer surround sound speakers. (You know the blue black orange purple green shit) It had no optical input so that pissed me off and I have been playing with stereo rca converters. (sucks) I just recently found out my 480 had an hdmi output! Awesome! "The '09 surround system I had had an hdmi input" I thought. It was for fucking output, not input.

So I thought, OK no problem. I head over to the local store and browse more systems. Found this nice blu ray sound system with 2 hdmi inputs. I get it home and everything works OK for the audio portion. Problem is that it creates a ghost display whenever I plug in the hdmi cable. Every time I disable the ghost display, it cuts off my audio. I just want the audio, not the video portion of the hdmi content. If I ever want to play anything, I have to "clone" the ghost display to my primary display which reduces my sli performance.

Do you guys know how I can get rid of the ghost display and just have the hdmi audio?

Here are some screen shots:

Without the hdmi plugged in.

With it plugged in (ghost display)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by anex; 11-13-2010 at 09:45 AM.