Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont Ask Dont tell

Default Dont Ask Dont tell

so me and my roomate got into a pretty heated conversation about the "dont ask dont tell" being lifted from Military Standard.

what do the rest of you for see happening down the road because of this and explain why.

2. Default

i don't give a shit if you're gay or not. shouldn't have any bearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    i don't give a shit if you're gay or not. shouldn't have any bearing.
    ^ pretty much.

4. Default

a gay soldier can shoot just as well as a straight soldier... whats the difference?? just cause he checks out your junk in the showers doesn't mean he wont take a bullet for ya

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

5. Default

It's high time that American military branches join the parts of the 21st century that don't revolve around shooting things or blowing them up. American soldiers serve with openly gay allied troops, and those troops are part of militaries that haven't disintegrated because of homosexuality. Why should the U.S. be taking up the rear, so to speak, in issues pertaining to tolerance and personal freedoms?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    It's high time that American military branches join the parts of the 21st century that don't revolve around shooting things or blowing them up. American soldiers serve with openly gay allied troops, and those troops are part of militaries that haven't disintegrated because of homosexuality. Why should the U.S. be taking up the rear, so to speak, in issues pertaining to tolerance and personal freedoms?
    although, to be fair, it's less "we don't want you" but more "we don't want to hear about it." basically "don't make a huge deal about it kthxbai!"
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

That would really only fly if personnel were also instructed to stop talking about their heterosexual relationships, but I'm sure that most people would find that pretty preposterous. If you don't want to hear about it, just don't listen to it. That's all there is to it.

i dont really want this to be a debate.... BUT.. it is not much of an issue with new stright soldiers and new gay soldiers as it is with soldiers who are already in, dealing with soldiers who are gay, joining.

now do not get me wrong, plenty of units out there know of gay soldiers in the military already. but those particular homosexual soldiers joined understainding that they lost the right to be openly gay in the military. they joined soloey to join the military. then hid the fact that they were gay.
    the people in those units knew about it and accepted that and kept it secret as well. Trusting there life along side one another.

im not saying gays are going to be bad soldiers but the amount of new "gay soldiers" who are completly able are going to end up pushing out other completely able soldiers from there jobs, making such soldier retire early.

(fyi, the Military has a quota, to go over that quota is not a good thing... "fed taxs pay for those soldiers, alot of money goes into those soldiers (including myself) thus there being a limit to the size of our military)

other soldiers who may have a prejudice arnt going to want these openly gay "i can finnaly be openly gay in the military" Soldiers around let alone in there SAME barracks.

do you think, they will organize and spend the extra money on spreate barracks?

9. Default

this thread is gay

10. Default

i think mikey is scared that he will loose out cause a gay soldier can do better than him