Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Gun in CS:S

1. Default

Scout. If you can aim at a head, you can kill with it. Simple as that.

2. Default

One of my favorite things is grabbing a shotty and running down a long hall 1 on 1 vs an awper. 2 out of 3 times I'll turn into mush, but when it works it's so much fun to watch the awper scramble last minute to his pistol of choice when you're in their grill with a shotgun.

deag

4. Default

AWP is the best simple think you can AWP i dont think so!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    AWP is the best simple think you can AWP i dont think so!
    AWP is worthless when on the move, whereas a scout's mobility and accuracy on the run is much more useful then an almost sure 1 hit kill, again IF you have the aiming skills for it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    AWP is worthless when on the move, whereas a scout's mobility and accuracy on the run is much more useful then an almost sure 1 hit kill, again IF you have the aiming skills for it.
    I have always stated that if you are really skilled, the Scout is the best gun of all time. To me it is; I love it -- people hate it for some reason, but I like to be able to move, scoped in, and just shoot at their head when they appear in my screen. They whine, and cry; say it's luck -- but really they have no valid excuse.
    Wahhh, you're a hacker! Wahh!!!

7. Default

The scout is only good on semi-open maps. On maps like cbble, the inherent inaccuracy is too significant, and the added mobility is of little worth when compared to the perfect accuracy and bodyshot kills of the AWM.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    The scout is only good on semi-open maps. On maps like cbble, the inherent inaccuracy is too significant, and the added mobility is of little worth when compared to the perfect accuracy and bodyshot kills of the AWM.
    Fluffy, I don't have issues with that. I can walk around a corner; listening to sound and pop someone in the head no matter where they are positioned. Play with me in Pub one day and you'll see my Scout skills.

No matter what map it is, I can own with the Scout. =D
    Wahhh, you're a hacker! Wahh!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by A Baby View Post
    Fluffy, I don't have issues with that. I can walk around a corner; listening to sound and pop someone in the head no matter where they are positioned. Play with me in Pub one day and you'll see my Scout skills.

No matter what map it is, I can own with the Scout. =D
    No amount of skill or sound can compensate for an inherent inaccuracy that's unpredictable in any practical fashion. The Scout is a nice weapon, but it's foolish to argue that it's reliably accurate over the longer distances that you get on, for example, cbble, and in Aztec water. Even long A pit to A site on Dust2 is far enough for the Scout to be less than perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    No amount of skill or sound can compensate for an inherent inaccuracy that's unpredictable in any practical fashion. The Scout is a nice weapon, but it's foolish to argue that it's reliably accurate over the longer distances that you get on, for example, cbble, and in Aztec water. Even long A pit to A site on Dust2 is far enough for the Scout to be less than perfect.
    You know what's funny, my best Scout-only round was on cbble.. I forget the exacts, but I had 0 deaths and something like 38 kills. Not that that's terribly awesome for lolpubs, just a thought.

Not directed at anyone in particular, some of my general thoughts:

The key to Scout is to not camp like a bitch AWPer. Mobility is why the Scout is better (well, better in my opinion), and if you don't move you're wasting the primary advantage of using the weaker gun. Many people don't seem to understand this; they try to use the Scout like it's a cheaper AWP, then complain that it sucks when they get killed. If you identify an AWP camper's location, use your mobility to move around their area of coverage. Don't engage an AWP at a range that disadvantages you, unless you have no other choice. If you're routinely engaging AWPs at long range and losing, the problem is you, not the gun.

Another problem that comes to mind is that many people are bad at no-scope shots. If you ever hope to be good with a scout, you should practice these - they'll save your life when you get jumped at close range, and can even be good for reflex shooting when popping in and out of cover at medium ranges. If you can find a 24/7 scoutzknivez server, that is an ideal practice ground for no-scoping. Please note, putting a piece of colored tape in the middle of your screen doesn't make you good, it makes you a terrible, terrible noob.

EDIT: Oh, and you need to aim at the head with a scout, not just anywhere but their toes as with the AWP. That's right, you have to be able to aim with a sniper, zomg.