Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Gun in CS:S

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    You know what's funny, my best Scout-only round was on cbble.. I forget the exacts, but I had 0 deaths and something like 38 kills. Not that that's terribly awesome for lolpubs, just a thought.
    If you had played someone with equal skill using an AWM, however, you would most certainly have been mowed down. No matter how well some individuals can put the scout to use, it's no coincidence that the AWM is chosen over the scout on every occasion in competitive play.

The scout is a fantastic weapon if all you have is $3,500, and the map accommodates it, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

this is a toughie.. i see people relating ther efav GG gun to other types of servers...

well.. when it comes to gg id say my fav and most accurate within my current capabilities are any level between Dualies and glock
    once im on pistols im a force not to be reckon with but my best pistol is either the compact or the 5seven (5 seven being my first weapon achivemnt after the mass update xD)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Frufflebottoms View Post
    If you had played someone with equal skill using an AWM, however, you would most certainly have been mowed down. No matter how well some individuals can put the scout to use, it's no coincidence that the AWM is chosen over the scout on every occasion in competitive play.

The scout is a fantastic weapon if all you have is $3,500, and the map accommodates it, but that's it.
    Using the Scout as corner camping and moving around with quick-scopes is the way to go. I can run into people head on; they have an AK, I have a Scout, and quick-scope them in the face. They cry -- game-over. It's just one of those guns I suppose I have perfected.

My opinion is based solely on a bias, so whether it's an actual basis to go off in what the best gun is; is up to mechanics. The AK technically has a great advantage over the Scout, but I really think it just goes more to who's using the weapons. Each person has their own preference. =D
    Wahhh, you're a hacker! Wahh!!!

4. Default

For close range maps like office, I hate to say this, but the auto shotty is good.

I hate the auto shotty though. Real men use single pumps

5. Default

Pump/Dualies is a great combo.

It really depends on the map though.

Without question, the worst gun in CS.S is the awp. Yeah...yeah....yeah, "it's part of the game". If it's part of the game, then why does IBIS limit it to one, well everyone with a pre-frontal cortex knows that servers turn into a Richard Simmons work out video without awp restrictions.

Yes, it's part of the game, just the worst part of the game. Nobody can go bouncing around point and click with a 50 cal like that. It's dumber than Sarah Palin's 5th child. In the miltary that gun takes a while to set up in position, check wind/distance conditions, all while using a spotter to help aim.

In reality, the awp is bad for the game all around. It's so easy to get kills using it that people take the path of least resistance basically only learning how to be an awp whore without ever learning the subtleties of other aspects of the game such as a rush attack.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

6. Default

There's a reason why most professional CSS teams only have 1 guy on AWP. It's not a bad weapon- although it might be over used on public servers. Saying it's the worst part of the game and downgrading its realism is simply uninformed of the actual situation. The AWP is a good weapon, and serves a purpose on most maps. A professional player with an AWP is deadly, but no more so than a professional with an AK or with a deagle. A good AWP'r is awesome to spec and can pull of some amazing feats.

In my own opinion, it's some kind of odd pub server elitism that spends all of its rage on the AWP so it can feel good about itself.

In other news-
    best weapon combo for close combat maps- P90, and Deagle
    best weapon combo for open combat maps- AK47, and I really like the P228 for the backup. Large ammo capacity helps.

OR- AWP, deagle combo in the hands of a great player. A noob will just shart all over the place with it.

Worst combo- klobb and slappers only (lolgoldeneye)

For real worst combo- M249 PARA, and Glock.
    Yeah. I'm an admin. What of it?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    There's a reason why most professional CSS teams only have 1 guy on AWP. It's not a bad weapon- although it might be over used on public servers. Saying it's the worst part of the game and downgrading its realism is simply uninformed of the actual situation. The AWP is a good weapon, and serves a purpose on most maps. A professional player with an AWP is deadly, but no more so than a professional with an AK or with a deagle. A good AWP'r is awesome to spec and can pull of some amazing feats.

In my own opinion, it's some kind of odd pub server elitism that spends all of its rage on the AWP so it can feel good about itself.

In other news-
    best weapon combo for close combat maps- P90, and Deagle
    best weapon combo for open combat maps- AK47, and I really like the P228 for the backup. Large ammo capacity helps.

OR- AWP, deagle combo in the hands of a great player. A noob will just shart all over the place with it.

Worst combo- klobb and slappers only (lolgoldeneye)

For real worst combo- M249 PARA, and Glock.
    I do not disagree with your argument that a skilled player using an awp can be a deadly combination and that it serves a role, though a limited one that can be replaced with someone skilled with a scout. I do not complain about a skill player picking up an AWP from time to time. But, to merely dismiss the argument as some sort of "pub server elitism" is an ad hominem. The fact is, it's bad for the game. New players pick up the AWP because it allows for them to start getting a positive ratio quickly. They never learn to use other weapons and when they can't get their hands on an AWP get bored and quit playing CS. I'm not proposing to remove the AWP, but I do think we should encourage new players to learn to use TMPs, MACs, and MP5s first. Learning to use those weapons skillfully open up a whole new level of fun the game offers. I'm happy with the 1 AWP restriction. It's just the worst part of CS, because of the reason stated and it's the least realistic weapon in the game, thus making it the worst gun in the game.

I use to hate the glock, but now find it one of my new favorite pistols. I love putting on the burst option and watching heads explode.

I also think the FAMAS is a bad weapon for the speed limitation associated with it, but the accuracy on the burst feature make up some ground on that limitation.

The size of the magazine for the P90 makes it a premier rush weapon.

8. Default

My fav's in this order:

AK47
    Deagle
    P90
    M4
    Scout
    USP
    Glock

That being said..I sure miss running around with a Deagle and a shield..

9. Default

Glock.

10. Default

the best gun?

The one that's in my hands