• Borlis Pass

2 10.53%
  • Other (Post which server)

6 31.58%
  • Screw Guildwars 2

4 21.05%
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2

Give* not gave. Lol stupid phone, stupid work.
    Personal reform

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Fuck no, they better not have bullshit stat bonuses. Once you start adding shit like that to the game that adds to the bullshit grind. If they do add stat bonuses they should be unavailable in PvP.
    then what's the point of having gear at all? you might as well be running around playing rock paper scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

if you don't like Grind, don't play MMORPG's lol... simple.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

I was thinking stats like +5% item drop rate, gold amount drop, luck. Somthing along those lines.
    Personal reform

5. Default

I like a grind. I like to feel that I've worked for my accomplishments. I'm not talking rediculous grind...but still..I don't mind working for my shit.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    I like a grind. I like to feel that I've worked for my accomplishments.
    which has always been the core concept and point of MMORPG's... I hate when people bitch about the grind... if you don't like it, go play a regular RPG... MMORPG's have ALWAYS been grinding... it's just about how big or little of a grind it ultimately is 2 accomplish what you want in the game.

when MMORPG's first started they were EPICCCC grinds lol... todays MMORPG's are about as hard as twisting a rubber arm..... there hasn't even been an actual hardcore grind game since vanilla wow or final fantasy 11

they keep making MMORPG's easier so they can pull in more accounts which in turn obviously makes them more money.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

There will be grind. You just won't have to do it for every damn thing in game. =)
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Of course there will be a grind, that goes without saying. What I was referring to was BULLSHIT grinds. Like vertical gear progression. Like rep grinds. Like title grinds.

And by "grind" I mean something that you're FORCED to do if you want to compete in the top tier. The gear grind is out of the question in this game, stats-wise anyway. There will be lots and lots of gear though, but mainly cosmetic. GW did it pretty much the same way. And Mikey, yeah stats like those are extra and is fine, I'm talking primary/secondary stat boosts from Mini's. That would be fucking retarded.

Aren't you guys tired of "gear grind" MMO's? Fuck. This game will be a breath of fresh air for once.

Edit: And when it comes to working for your accomplishments, I can understand, but gear? Especially RNG-based systems which are complete luck. And running the same dungeons over and over and over again to get that next tier you need for the following dungeons/raids? And then so on and so forth. I just don't see what's fun in that anymore, really. Unless you're experiencing it with friends or something. That isn't the core concept of MMO's, it's the WoW concept of MMO's. I don't even know what you could call a core concept of MMORPG's, except for the old days where you could level up specific stats every level and choose new skills on the fly instead of going to a shitty trainer every time you level up. If anyone played Ultima Online here, you know what I mean.

All-in-all, I'm bitter as fuck about my MMO's these last few years, and I just want these developers to stop making me pay to beta test their shitty games after launch.

FUCK!

Yes WoW, Aion, Rift, DCUO, SWTOR, AoC etc... all disappointing pieces of shit.

/rant
    Last edited by Sin; 02-23-2012 at 08:54 PM.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

9. Default

but, what's the point of gear then?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

there's a difference between A GRIND and GRINDING.

grinding implies simply killing enemies for experience (i.e. no quests).

a grind is a long, drawn out road to max level.

A GRIND is fine, but GRINDING is just annoying as hell.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.