6 31.58%
  • Screw Guildwars 2

4 21.05%
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69

Thread: Guild Wars 2

1. Default

These are for Cyber:
    Attached Images

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

2. Default

i was reading some gw2 forums, when i saw this... figured that some of u might get it lol
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

For those that asked, this is my AFK build: i.e it's a build i can have an go make myself some food or do some ibis work while my character is afk aggroing 7 mobs at a time and not going down once.

2013-04-11_00002.jpg

Basically it revolves around the aegis block/burn/heal combo, and other skills that grant me blocking or healing.
    I swap my utilities to 3 signets : increased heal, condition and reduced damage. just for when im afk.

When im PLAYING in pve, and want to get somewhere, i pop in the healing Signet with passive condition remove, "Retreat", "Save yourselves" and a sword at utility 9, i use my azura golem at slot 0 for pve, but most usually use tome of courage on Jormag or fungeons.
    When I get to my target, such as dungeon, or guild bounty, etc, i sometimes swap my heal for the block/healing one with larger cooldown, but more sinergy with my burns, i pop in Consecration of purity fire field (yeay for more stacked burns!), and my SPIRIT hammer for utilities 7 and 8 ( now i have a combo field for my jumps and swirls) and a hammer and sword.

In dungeons/jormag ONLY i swap my consecration field for the Shelter dome for heal/field control, and i swap my hammer for a spirit bow for cond removal and shatter it for heals and swap my sword for the healing signet which increases my healing passively, and if activated, can revive a downed ally, very very gd in dungeons in which u have time to wait for cooldowns.

---------
    For the traits, im sure those are the ones im currently using whether afk or not, but i need to double check this later.
    20 0 30 20 0 (i used to run 20 0 10 20 20 until i got my grandmaster traitbook... and Altruistic healing in toughness 30 is soooooo fucking OP, especially with my healing spec and shouts)

The Zeal line is for the condition duration mostly, i pop in a LOT and i mean a LOTTTTTTTT of burns, and i want them to last forever considering my gear is very condition dmg oriented.

30 points in toughness for altruistic healing, i don't really like the lower traits much, but A.H is way worth it...

20 in vitality, my guarian relies a lot of passive healing and skills healing me, including my dodge-roll heals, which i THINK heal me for about 500hp per dodge. Add that to "gain vigor on crit" and u can dodge more...

I m considering movign some points from zeal to radiance in order to up my precision slightly. It wont ruin my build that much considering that it also adds condition DMG which is what my build is for. In fact, i have 30 crit dmg wasted from toughness bcos my crit rate is low...
    but The % in crits is NOT for the damage, but for activating "empored might" mini trait which allows me to gain vigor on crit, allowing me more rolls and therefore more heals (which are gained by surrounding allies as well).
    Not to mention that i could pop a sigil of battle and of might on my main set and 1 of my secondary weapons, allowing me to gain might on swap and to gain might on crit.

The points i removed from power will be compensated by those "might" boons, and because they ARE boons, on myself, they also count towards my altruistic healing, which gives me about 79hp per boon PULSE.

Save yourselves gives me about 10(?) extra boons and retreat can give 2 boons to 5 allies. if i pop both of these and assume i get 3 mights from my weapon swapping? + 14 stacks of staff 4 mights + regeneration to 5 allies nearby when staff 4 finishes stacking? (i use staff-stacking just before a battle and swap back to my scepter/focus.) ... add that also to my symbols that grant regen + 2 minimum boons + my dodge roll regens to 5 allies nearby? and my aegis that cycles every 20ish seconds? (assume 3 per minute) which also grant me heal and retaliation when they are used?

Math:
    10 boons to me + 5x2 boons to allies + 3 mights + 14 staff + 5 regens + 2 symbols x (regen + retaliation/speed boons)x 5 players in dungeon + 2x dodge rollsx 5 allies + 3 aegis *(1 regen + 1 retal)= 10 +10+3+14+5+2*3*5 + 2*5 + 3*2= 88 cycled boons (that's without any runes or sigils or traits activating, and without me actually hitting ANYTHING)

multiply those boons by 79hp per boon, and i just recycled roughly 7k health to myself at least twice per minute by being close to allies, ONLY using altruistic healing... it makes up for the fact that our healing skills are kinda long cooldown... You see now why i invested in A.H so much? I could also pop in a mace-healer for extra heals as well.

Anyway... This is my current build, again, i might swap some ZEAL for Radiance, but for people that DIDNT max YET? that's an easy spec to go by.
    Put points in all the minor traits till uget master book ( health is ur best weapon), and put those leftover 10 points in any trait until u get grandmaster.
    This is subject to tweaking. and also remember that with this build, u can swap ur major traits before and after any battle without changing distribution... this is good when u want to swap between aegis boosts and symbol boosts in the "honor" line for example.

Note: i use greatsword + scepter/focus mostly for mele/range-kiting. ( that focus 5 skill blocks 3 attacks => 3 extra burns + explodes with combo finisher => condition removal OR area might, and dnt forget... each boon heals me.
    I only swap my focus with a torch when im doing a world boss like Golem, and im just putting in some dps... or when standing afk cycling zealot flame on auto for whoever attacks me close range.
    Sword 3 is NICE, but i need a ranged weapon my guardian.
    mace is fun for dungeons and those heals...

IMPORTANT; staff is gd wvw, but "meh" pve EXCEPT for mobility (that staff 3 is amazing for speed rushes + retreat + save urselves in THAT order , 1 second apart? gives me 45ish seconds of 50% speed and all skills recycle merely 8 seconds after allll my speeds stopped. so its good for covering maps fast.
    I also pop in an "empower" staff 4 + staff 3 under allies/enemies, just before i swap it for my scepter focus before each fight. i guess staff is also gd for "tagging" many people for looting, but dnt expect much dps on it, + i hate the fucking skill1 effect on staff, if it was more animated and lets u SEE the cone u attack, it would be better than the "poof" effect they have now that is counter intuitive for knowing if u gonna hit or no...

There's no FIXED build with guardian... u're gonna be cycling through traits, skills, and utilities ESPECIALLY weapons a LOT... but u'll get used to it, it becomes mechanic, just like knowing what items to buy on which race in wcs depending on how much money u have and enemy gameplay... but these are the things i noticed to use the most.
    Last edited by CYBER; 04-16-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

thanks

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thanks
    to ur REAL reply maynard : dude, im hyped on fucking cafeine from studying, leave me and my walls alone lol

Edit: u're not thr only one who asked for My build, i was also asked to post a leveling guide for bloodwolf and others

6. Default

I asked how your points were distributed.... one sentence would have answered that lol.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I asked how your points were distributed.... one sentence would have answered that lol.
    Or a screen shot would be better!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Masskid View Post
    Or a screen shot would be better!!
    i HAD a screenshot. My building traits SKILLS change every SCENARIO. But my point distribution is roughly the same for LEVELING. Its not smthn a picture can explain. Ps, i moved some zeal points to radiance major trait 2 for more bursts and empowers