Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AOE 2 HD Remake

1. Default AOE 2 HD Remake

Is any else love playing RTS games like Age of Empires 2 i just bought it and its pretty legit and finally you can play online without problems!!!

Rage at the Paper More!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ::Paper:: View Post
    Is any else love playing RTS games like Age of Empires 2 i just bought it and its pretty legit and finally you can play online without problems!!!
    it's on my wish list. i used to play a lot of aoe before ( i stopped after aoe2 because i didnt like the other ones)...

is it the same feel as aoe2?
    me and a few friends of mine might try it out ... but we'd be rusty as fuck...

Come to think of it... i miss the old days of Red Alert 2 : Yuri's revenge (best expansion) , and Generals Zero Hour
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

yeah its just like aoe2 used to be and finding games is finally easy as fuck as so far all my old scenarios work like castle blood and gwarz if u prepay now u can play now even tho it hasnt been released yet

Rage at the Paper More!

4. Default

btw... DAMN those are big sigs dude...
    I've done it myself sometimes with big sigs but never this big...

lose one of them or resize them to like 25% of that size (google online gif resizer) and u'll find a few pages that can do that, some better than others)
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

its as long as all of your stuff lol?

Rage at the Paper More!

6. Default

my bro still has lan parties for the original aoe2, i never liked rts though

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Is it any different or just the same game with updated graphics, which may not be a bad idea since i tried to load it on my laptop but I couldnt downgrade the graphics enough for the game to load properly.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

8. Default

My friend's and I play aoe2, let me know if you ever wanna join us. Just look me up through steam =p

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Is it any different or just the same game with updated graphics, which may not be a bad idea since i tried to load it on my laptop but I couldnt downgrade the graphics enough for the game to load properly.
    Exactly the same game, possibly some new features or improvements but I've heard it's nothing more than AoE II with an HD palette (it's not a remake, just remastered, i.e. it still looks pretty much the same as it did a decade ago but is 'optimized' for higher resolutions).

I've also heard horror stories of the game bugging out/reducing in frame rate horribly when more than ten units are on screen. YMMV. Seems like a rip at $20 imo considering $5-10 gets you new releases on Steam these days.

10. Default

I'm all about the total war games... mainly medieval 2 and empire... but AOE is good times.

Maynard - The WCS Guy